Thread: May I have opinions on a beat, please? Preferably negative ones so I can fix anything, so let loose!

May I have opinions on a beat, please? Preferably negative ones so I can fix anything, so let loose!

Wow, i'm surprised,most of the shit people post on here sucks,doesn't really sound like a hip-hop beat(kinda jam-bandish),but that doesn't matter. I listened to some of ur other stuff, I dig the old school vibe,that was my era....check out some of my shit,I MC. The beats are made by my partner DeLaVenga...https://soundcloud.com/planetpandamonium-1.

thanks, dude! and i've already been following you, ever since you posted a song of yours a while back. you rock the old school vibe also, which i like (obviously). there isn't enough of that now these days, we gotta bring it back!

i thought that song jammed. the only thing is the drums got a little repetitive. i would like to see what you did around 2:30 and add in something like the bongos (or whatever instrument that was). if you added those earlier in the song to switch it up more. but thats my opinion. overall i had a good time listening to it..keep it up.

Not really sure how to explain what I'm feeling, but it sounds garage band loopy. As in it sounded to me like it was a handful of loops that just kept being put on top of each other than taken away, I think it became pretty predictable and boring by the end. I'm not saying that's always a bad formula for making a beat but the loops all sounded like pretty generic rhythms, and to me putting more generic rhythms on top of each other doesn't make an original sounding beat, it's just a slightly better sounding generic rhythm.

I hope I did ok with explaining it, but yeah, the end overall feeling is that it sounds like something made with garage band loops. It doesn't sound bad, but it's missing any kind of originality.

Oh also, with the scratches or whatever you were using at the beginning, if you changed up and length and tones and stuff for the scratches instead of just having the same sound repeat itself, that would have sounded a lot better.

I put it together with Audacity, so you're not far off with the garage band loopy comment, Matt! It's true that I only tried to mix up a formula rather than use an entirely new approach altogether, and I'll definitely try thinking outside the proverbial box a bit more next time. I'm very appreciate of the time you guys took to listen and give your thoughts. Thanks again, guys

If you're serious with making beats then start to learn a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).

Quote Originally Posted by Smevz

I put it together with Audacity, so you're not far off with the garage band loopy comment, Matt! It's true that I only tried to mix up a formula rather than use an entirely new approach altogether, and I'll definitely try thinking outside the proverbial box a bit more next time. I'm very appreciate of the time you guys took to listen and give your thoughts. Thanks again, guys