Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA lockout is finally over!

NBA lockout is finally over!

Any basketball fans excited for the season to finally start? ..

Gonna start on Christmas Day.... Heat-Mavs, Celtics-knicks, and Lakers-Bulls.

Yup training camps start dec. 9th. Also free agency starts basically when they agree to it..so basketball free agency in late November/early December which starts usually July 1st.

Right now free agency wise David West,Jamal Crawford,Caron Butler,Nene,Tyson Chandler,Tayshaun Prince,Al Thornton,Carl Landry,Andrei Kirlenko,Josh Howard(Biggest unrestricted free agents this off-season i'd say you'd target)

I've also heard that teams can get rid of their worst rip off contract..like Rashard Lewis, its called the Rashard Lewis clause and every team will use it. My sixers will get rid of Andres Nocioni. Magic should look to get rid of Gilbert Arenas or Hedo Turkoglu and all the teams will look to get rid of someone making too much $$ for their play. I've also heard Lakers would release Ron Artest which is good he was so overrated.

It's not official it's tentative

And it's not called the Rashard Lewis clause it's called the amnesty clause dumbass.

NOT OFFICIAL YET!! Dont jinx us!!

who said it wasnt official? dont you guys know how to read? if you read the story it says the lockout is over and season starts dec 25th

ny times and david stern

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/sp...d-lockout.html

"We've reached a tentative understanding that is subject to a variety of approvals and very complex machinations," the league's commissioner, David Stern, said, "but we're optimistic that that will all come to pass, and that the N.B.A. season will begin on Dec. 25, Christmas Day, with a tripleheader."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth

who said it wasnt official? dont you guys know how to read? if you read the story it says the lockout is over and season starts dec 25th

gottcha, just to pumped cuz all i seen was lockout is over

Quote Originally Posted by jay budd

ny times and david stern

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/sports/basketball/nba-and-basketb...

"We've reached a tentative understanding that is subject to a variety of approvals and very complex machinations," the league's commissioner, David Stern, said, "but we're optimistic that that will all come to pass, and that the N.B.A. season will begin on Dec. 25, Christmas Day, with a tripleheader."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth

Thankyou Jesus!

the NBA got embarrassed earlier this week when the MLB got their CBA done with zero problems. Hopefully that turned a light bulb on somewhere. Cant wait for some Warriors basketball