Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Drake Topic

The Drake Topic

Whats everyone's beef with Drake? I mean, I've never listened to one of his albums from start to finish. I'm not at all a huge fan of his. But, what I hear, I enjoy. I think dude definitely has talent. But, why do most of you disagree with that? I'm not asking for a hate thread, I want real opinions.

everyone's problem isnt with drake, lil wayne or any mainstream artists directly. the problem is that people talk the fools up like they're gods gift to music. if they weren't so highly overrated by the mass public, i wouldn't care. but its kinda obnoxious that OUR artists literally is Light Years ahead of anyone else in the game and works his fuckin ass off and gets no recognition.

I think Drake is mediocre at best. I don't even consider him like, a "real" emcee. He's a pop star/rapper/r&b singer. I actually think Drake is alright with rapping, some of his verses are dope. But his autotuned singing makes my ears bleed, and overall I can't get into any the production on his albums.

so fuckin true

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

everyone's problem isnt with drake, lil wayne or any mainstream artists directly. the problem is that people talk the fools up like they're gods gift to music. if they weren't so highly overrated by the mass public, i wouldn't care. but its kinda obnoxious that OUR artists literally is Light Years ahead of anyone else in the game and works his fuckin ass off and gets no recognition.

I really enjoy Drake's music. "Take Care" is album of the year in my opinion.

When drake actually raps hes tight, yea he has a nice voice but all of his tacks are all sing songy n he sounds like a little bitch

Ima have to peep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

I really enjoy Drake's music. "Take Care" is album of the year in my opinion.

this. i never heard a drake verse i liked tho

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta

I think Drake is mediocre at best. I don't even consider him like, a "real" emcee. He's a pop star/rapper/r&b singer. I actually think Drake is alright with rapping, some of his verses are dope. But his autotuned singing makes my ears bleed, and overall I can't get into any the production on his albums.

yall fucking trippin drake is a pure artist with extreme talent but thats one of the collabos i can wait for till tech finds that BEAT.........AMAZING IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!