Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome To Strangeland Review

Welcome To Strangeland Review

Hey all, the album will be coming out tomorrow which I am very excited for, however I have not heard all the songs yet. So I would just like to know everyones input on the album. Either an overall album review or a track by track. Heres my review of the album... Thanks

Review

Stars: 8/10: The hook is pretty cool and I love the intro. I also enjoyed listening to the verses as they were both fast and medium paced. Overall a great start to the album.

Welcome to Strangeland: 7/10: This song is pretty cool as I loved the chorus and the music, it went quite well.

Unfair: 8.5/10: I was really excited for this song due to the teaser video. However, it didn't live up to the expectations I had. Although, it was a good song with great chorus but the verses were meh.

Kocky: 6/10: this song is just a bit weird. The verses were good but the chorus just ruined the song...

Who Do I Catch Now: 9/10: Awesome song, defiantly one of the top 3 of the whole album. The BET verse just flows so well and the chorus is catchy .

My Favourite: 7/10: The beat is really good, but the chorus is a bit weird at first, but it will soon grow in you.

Retrogression: 10/10: I my personal opinion, this song is the best in the whole album. The beat is very chill and everything is just about perfect about this song.

Bang Out: 8/10: This song by 816 Boyz is a lot more better than Pu Wah Wah on TGMP. The chorus is quite good and I love that chicks voice in the background during the chorus.

Beautiful Music: 8.5/10: Quite disappointed that this was a pre-order track and apart of the regular album. However this song is great, Krizz is awesome on the chorus.

Won't You Come Dirty: 9.5/10: Am I the only one that loves this song. The chorus is really good and I love the Darth Vadar breathing throughout the song.

Sad Cirus: 8/10: Song is good. Brotha Lynch Hung did great and tech did well aswell. Chorus is quite soothing.

The Noose: 8.5/10: This song is quite good due to its story about the troops. Another Mayday track which is a stand out of the album.

Slave: 9/10: The flow of this song is really good. The chorus done by Krizz again which is always a good thing. Also Kutt Calhoun did his verse very well.

Overwhelming: 10/10: Awesome song, I love everything about it, through the verses and chorus and even the so...so...so!

Gods: 9.5/10: The chorus is awesome. All the verses were great. Also this track i believe Tech stood out more.

Extra Tracks

I Need A Drink: 9/10: The best bonus track, such a catchy song. Also it was different too the whole album.

The Real Thing: 5/10: I tried my best to love this song, but i just cant stand her voice. It will soon grow onto me, but for now it become the worst song of the whole album.

EMJ: 8/10: This song is getting a lot of hate which i find very strange. I just love this song because most of the strange crew is on it. I also like the story behind it, which is true, right?

Road Rage: 7/10: This song is like the Stress Relief of WTSL. The song is ok, but nothing special.

Overall, I think this ablum is one of the best Tech N9ne Collabo album to date, just ahead of Sickology 101. As for best Tech N9ne album... hell no. Everready and All 6's and 7's are still my favourite Tech albums. Welcome to Strangeland is still a very good album as it has NO FILLERS, I never have to skip a song (maybe The Real Thing occasionally if I cant handle her voice). The album is full of top songs and has a better overall feeling compared to A6&7. I might add more stuff or change a few ratings as I listen to it more.

Welcome to Strangeland: 9/10

Might as well make this the official review thread, so people don't go posting their own threads with their reviews.

I can't be bothered writing a full song by song review, so I'll just simply say it's probably my favourite Tech album so far. Surpassed all expectations, and that's saying a lot since it was a collabos lol.

LMFAO "official review thread, so people don't go posting their own threads with their own reviews"

Cause it's official. LMAO one more time LOL.

As far as favorite album, no way. But my first listen I really wasn't too into it, then when the quality rip came out and I gave it another spin... it's a solid album. Tech has some sick verses, along with everybody else. The choruses weren't all up to par IMO but idk.. sometimes I think they should spend more time on those in general. I love Kali but a lot of time the chorus is meh in between AMAZING verses, and it can kill the vibe sometimes. Sometimes Kali does the best choruses I've heard though so it's a song by song thing. Not necessarily talking about this album in particular there just as a whole.

What I took from this album is that strange has a hell of a lot of talented artists, and tech is growing musically. It seemed more concept driven to me, and had intricacies that I think tech is consciously getting better at. His raps are all on par and there's definitely some gems in there. But when does tech not deliver at that. I do feel that tech had more to do with idk what to call it, production or mastering or whatever. Cause there were some little new things, and a lot of musical things aside from words & flow, such as harmony and effects etc.

Overall a very good album with tons of quality music. Strange fans will love it. But if you're not already a tech fan I could see it being meh. Let's put it this way, people are too stupid to listen. To words and the details. So if you're drinkin with your friends or trying to hit on a bitch I could see how this wouldn't be the #1 choice. Kind of a communal thing i've noticed. And if you want an example, My Favorite is exactly what i'm talking about. Tech has a killer verse as does lynch but Krizz's chorus is strange. Not a bad thing, but not something I'd jam to over and over. Reminds me of The Chemical off Genius a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Siikez

Might as well make this the official review thread, so people don't go posting their own threads with their reviews.

I can't be bothered writing a full song by song review, so I'll just simply say it's probably my favourite Tech album so far. Surpassed all expectations, and that's saying a lot since it was a collabos lol.

All 6's and 7's didn't meet my expectations at all but this album i had my expectations set low and it didn't disappoint but, its far from his best album even far from his best collabo's album. For some reason i just don't get that same vibe from Tech's new music as i did his old stuff maybe it's personal taste, or i don't know if others feel the same way but Tech just isn't making songs that really touches you deeply or you can relate to anymore (the exception of The Noose). It's just less emotion I mean I just don't get the same vibe that his old shit had even his hard ass songs ain't got shit on einstein or riotmaker etc. I just think Tech's heart is not really in it no more, he's not as hungry as he used to be. If Tech drops another album like A6's and 7's or WTSL I might just stop listening to his new stuff, because it's just a mere fraction of how good his old music is.

i don't agree wit ya 2 cents,i'm a part of this people who think that tech gets better albums after albums

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpalicious Mc Dees Nuts
    All 6's and 7's didn't meet my expectations at all but this album i had my expectations set low and it didn't disappoint but, its far from his best album even far from his best collabo's album. For some reason i just don't get that same vibe from Tech's new music as i did his old stuff maybe it's personal taste, or i don't know if others feel the same way but Tech just isn't making songs that really touches you deeply or you can relate to anymore (the exception of The Noose). It's just less emotion I mean I just don't get the same vibe that his old shit had even his hard ass songs ain't got shit on einstein or riotmaker etc. I just think Tech's heart is not really in it no more, he's not as hungry as he used to be. If Tech drops another album like A6's and 7's or WTSL I might just stop listening to his new stuff, because it's just a mere fraction of how good his old music is.

Lmao bit too much to ask for people I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler

LMFAO "official review thread, so people don't go posting their own threads with their own reviews"

Cause it's official. LMAO one more time LOL.
    [/quote]

That's about as nice as a guy could say it your Not hating but direct and on point perfectly.

Where you been lovebuckets I haven't seen you on this shit for forever

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBucketS
    That's about as nice as a guy could say it your Not hating but direct and on point perfectly.

in all honesty, i didnt like it all that much. to me it seemed like hey im popular now, buy my album. he has sick flows and the beats are all pretty damn good but it just seems to lack direction to motivation to me. and i wish his verse on "come dirty" was alot harder. plop plop plop wasnt his best verse at all...lol but the album defintely has its moments of being damn good

I think it's a great album. There isn't a bad song on it. I think he is continuing to get better and better. I can't stand hearing Krizz on almost every hook. And the fact that the whole album took only a month to make just makes me think no heart was put into it. I'll agree with @ Pimpalicious Mc Dees Nuts, it all comes down to personal taste. Personally I like his new stuff more than the old. I think he is going to lose a lot of his older fans.