Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slacker Beat on 2pac Documentary

Slacker Beat on 2pac Documentary

2pac Thug Angel Documentary Slacker Starts Playing at 3:58 to 5:21 in the background

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uxqy...yer_detailpage

nice find boss!

It's funny that Im here answering WHY this beat is on here but I will do it either way. Justin just hit me on Twitter because he KNOWS my history and the STORY behind the SLACKER beat and sent me this link so that I could text a reply... so here ya go:

Femi Ojetunde is the PRODUCER that did that beat. He is the producer that FIRST signed me. I was signed with him and Mike Mosley.(STEADY MOBBIN PRODUCTIONS) They were ALSO Tupacs producers at that specific time in his career. FEMI was SIGNED with QD3 who was the Production team that put out this DVD documentary on Pac.... thats why this beat was used. Tech ALSO fucked with QD3 so using the beat I guess was all good....

The funny thing IS, the FIRST time that I met Tech EVER was in Medford OR for a show. I was recording my FIRST SOLO record with Femi and Mike Mosely and at that time Tech had JUST bought the Slacker beat BUT me and C BO recorded a track to the same beat a few weeks before that. Once Femi found out thru QD3 the beat was sold OF COURSE we were unable to use the beat and had to re-do the track that me and C BO did. When I talk to Tech for the 1st time ever I told him about that story, told him he beat me to grabbing that beat by a few days... of COURSE it was a great thing that he did get that beat because he made that track a HIT! The track BO and I had was coo, but wasn't fuckin wit Slacker at that time.

interesting story. i THINK that its a crazy COINCIDENCE. but then again OF COURSE tech made it a hit. i live in MEDFORD OR actually so thats pretty COOL that you met TECH there for the FIRST time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognito

It's funny that Im here answering WHY this beat is on here but I will do it either way. Justin just hit me on Twitter because he KNOWS my history and the STORY behind the SLACKER beat and sent me this link so that I could text a reply... so here ya go:

Femi Ojetunde is the PRODUCER that did that beat. He is the producer that FIRST signed me. I was signed with him and Mike Mosley.(STEADY MOBBIN PRODUCTIONS) They were ALSO Tupacs producers at that specific time in his career. FEMI was SIGNED with QD3 who was the Production team that put out this DVD documentary on Pac.... thats why this beat was used. Tech ALSO fucked with QD3 so using the beat I guess was all good....

The funny thing IS, the FIRST time that I met Tech EVER was in Medford OR for a show. I was recording my FIRST SOLO record with Femi and Mike Mosely and at that time Tech had JUST bought the Slacker beat BUT me and C BO recorded a track to the same beat a few weeks before that. Once Femi found out thru QD3 the beat was sold OF COURSE we were unable to use the beat and had to re-do the track that me and C BO did. When I talk to Tech for the 1st time ever I told him about that story, told him he beat me to grabbing that beat by a few days... of COURSE it was a great thing that he did get that beat because he made that track a HIT! The track BO and I had was coo, but wasn't fuckin wit Slacker at that time.

It'd be sick to hear you do a track to it on a mixtape sometime.

haha interesting

YEA I LOVE Medford... me and DJ Chill have some CRAZZZZYYYY stories about Medford. lol... shits was fun back then. That was when it was me, Chill, Nickatina, Smoov E and Equipto touring together. I happen to do a show without them that month opening for Tech/Strange for 3 nghts. Medford, Portland and Bend( I think)....

Yea I THINK Mike Mosley has that original track with C Bo and me still in his MAC files.... interested to ask him now. lol.. I might have to this weekend when I get to L.A.

not a big medford guy one show I went too had a bunch of hicks and it was a tech show... nothing really going on there either kinda quit place.

Oh Shit i didn't think Cognito would post on this thread I feel honored or some shit.

no homo

good shit