Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard Yeezus yet?

Anyone heard Yeezus yet?

So Ill admit that Im only a marginal Kanye fan in that he has songs I like on every album but I dont think he even close to one of the best in the game and he so full of himself that I cant stand him. Anyway Im currently midway through the 8th track as Im typing this and it is surprisingly not very good at all. I honestly kinda hate it at the moment. Obviously I gotta give it a second full spin in my car with my system before I officially make a judgement just sayin my first impression is disappointment. Anyone else heard it?thoughts?

Yeah I heard it, only one listen. I was also kinda put off by most of it, though it had its moments. I definitely gotta play through it again to make my final decision, but at first listen I'm not a huge fan.

He said "he keeps it 300, like the Romans" like, really Kanye? Last I checked the Spartans, whom made up the 300, were Greek...out of all the mainstream artists, he's the last one I expected to fuck up something on historical accuracy.

Listening to it at the moment and not what I expected at all, personally don't like Kanye he talks about himself to much like you said but the production for the first four songs were dope

lyric wise kanye sucks and has too many random fucking noises

this album was fucking horrid
    only two good songs. Black Skinhead, and New Slaves.
    the instrumentals were all good. everything else sounded like shit

I read a glowing review that actually disappointed me b/c I don't want it to be "yenius" and get all this attention when it has songs like "Black Skinhead", "New Slaves" and "I Am a God" but he'll get his attention either way...it's so hard not to hate him sometimes, especially when I think back to hearing his first album for the first time compared to what he's become now...don't even want to listen b/c I assume I'll like it but two things I took from review: No radio singles and tracks will take multiple spins to take in and absorb so it's not going to be a good first impression listen...it might get better with each spin as you fully realize his "yenius", lol...or it might just be crap unless you fool yourself into thinking otherwise...

just googled "Yeezus review" and pretty much everything is glowing, 4/4, 5/5, 88%, 4.5/5....everybody who gets paid to love it loves it....

I listened to it this afternoon. The album is trash. Like Cazeh said, lyrically Kanye sucks. He sucks beyond words. I have no idea why people think Kanye is so great. Is it because he innovates new sounds in his music? Just because a person innovates something doesn't mean it's going to sound good. It baffles me that people and critics are going to lose their nut over this album. The beats were annoying. There's way too much going on and it drowns out his awful lyrics (maybe that's a good thing). I heard that he wrote 5 of these tracks in 2 hours because he was rushing to get somewhere. It really pisses me off that artists like Wrekonize and Rittz and a ton of other rappers/musicians put their heart and soul into music even though they won't sell that much even though they deserve it. And then Kanye comes and releases this poor excuse for an album that is going to sell over 500k first week. And I'd say he has one of the worst lines in rap history on here "I just talked to Jesus he said what up Yeezus?" And to call himself a god is a disgrace.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

I listened to it this afternoon. The album is trash. Like Cazeh said, lyrically Kanye sucks. He sucks beyond words. I have no idea why people think Kanye is so great. Is it because he innovates new sounds in his music? Just because a person innovates something doesn't mean it's going to sound good. It baffles me that people and critics are going to lose their nut over this album. The beats were annoying. There's way too much going on and it drowns out his awful lyrics (maybe that's a good thing). I heard that he wrote 5 of these tracks in 2 hours because he was rushing to get somewhere. It really pisses me off that artists like Wrekonize and Rittz and a ton of other rappers/musicians put their heart and soul into music even though they won't sell that much even though they deserve it. And then Kanye comes and releases this poor excuse for an album that is going to sell over 500k first week. And I'd say he has one of the worst lines in rap history on here "I just talked to Jesus he said what up Yeezus?" And to call himself a god is a disgrace.

I've never been a kanye west fan at all, but I actually loved this album. Every song was great for me. Obviously his lyrical content was not that great but flow and beats were awesome. I liked the dark feeling to it.