Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caribou Lou price in your town

Caribou Lou price in your town

Just curious. How much does it cost at the bars compared to buying the Malibu/151 at the liquor store. Found out here in Boise it's $5 at the bar and about $21 to buy the liquor at the store.

I wouldnt know... I just mix it myself or have someone buy it for me.

they sell caribou lou at bars now?

most bartenders wont know wtf your talkin about if you ask for a caribou lou, but will mix anything as long as you tell them whats in it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer
    they sell caribou lou at bars now?

Im in colorado it cost 8$ for a cup or u can make it into a sand bucket for 40$at the bar. If u get it from the liquor store ur lookin at about 25 to 35 depends on the size of the 151 bottle

Buying all of the ingredients is certainly cheaper in the long run. Pay 5 bucks a drink at least, or pay 40 bucks for a weekend or two of getting shitfaced.

here a bottle of 151 is about 30 maybe a little over, maibu is a cool like 15-20 depending on tax. so its pretty expensive in cali where im at

Pretty much this. When you say "how much at the bar" vs "how much at the store", you really need to consider how much you're getting, volume wise. To me, the store is a larger lump sum, but a smaller overall investment.

I know it's like 4-5 bucks for about 8oz of Caribou Lite (Most places don't have 151 around here, so it's not full strength), same as most mixed drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta
    Buying all of the ingredients is certainly cheaper in the long run. Pay 5 bucks a drink at least, or pay 40 bucks for a weekend or two of getting shitfaced.

It's $3.75 at the bar i normally go to and if you bought it at the liquor store it would be like 40 bucks. I usually just drink kc tea's at the bar though. They're ten thousand times better

For legal reasons, like 70% of the bars in Chicago don't even carry 151. This has been a growing trend in the last few years, so it can be pretty difficult to get a Caribou Lou in bars. As for the ingredients - $15 Malibu Rum, $22-24 151.