Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How Tech N9ne helped me cope with a stressful morning...

  1. #1
    Junior Member EddyMihigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10

    How Tech N9ne helped me cope with a stressful morning...

    So I'm sitting in my office trying to start my day. It's 8am and I get a phone call, the person on the other line goes on about a dream they had about me where I complain to her about my soon-to-be wife. At the end of the conversation, I'm asked to ask God if my fiancee is the right woman for me. I'm also told that my happiness must come first, and that I shouldn't be bothered about what other people think or say.See, I'm about to get married outside my culture. I'm Congolese (from the DRC), living in Botswana (just above South Africa). My fiancee is from Botswana, but here dad is from Ghana. Her parents don't live together, but she's in contact and has a replationship with her half brothers and sisters. My parents have been together 29 years now, and I've been with them all my life. My mother had told me about this not long after we were engaged. I proposed to her in traditional western fashion, shocking even my own father. It was what it was, and all were in agreement after a little backtracking was done to justify and legalise the engagement. I was blasted for the way I went about it, but the marriage and wedding is still in preparation.A lot of people from my country who live here feel I should stick to my country's ladies. However here is where things get very interesting. in 2007, I was at the lowest point of my life. I was broke, I had been at school from 3 years and had gotten back home without a degree, I was blown all of my parents' money on alcohol and girls and I had nobody. All my 'friends' had deserted me, I was all alone. The only reason my parents stuck around was because, well... they were my parents, but I was two steps away from being banished.My life hit a 180 a few months later, I started from zero and basically lost 3 years of my life... I joined a program that helped my regain my trust for God, and my significant others. I joined the local university, I made new friends that were focused (most of the time), and I was on my way to recovery. The pinnacle of all that, finding someone who could push me in every possible way. After a few failed relationships, including a failed attempt at proposing marriage to a lady, I found her, in the most wierd of ways. I had promised my friends, and God that if I graduated, I would propose to this woman on the day of my graduation. This was in 2009. In October 2010, I was sitting in my room holding a ring, and wondering how I was going to do this. God has a weird sense of humour, I thought.All this had happened basically as naturally as a blossoming flower. There was no forcing of anything. However, we were warned that as soon as people started to find out our plans, they would begin to backbite, and basically bring up anything that would discourage us. I always thought it would be something in the line of false stories, and gossip about people's past lives. However, what I received this morning hit a spot a lot deeper than most of the things I have heard. The God that I trust even in my darkest moments (not lowest, but darkest as in most evil), who always comes through for me, even when I don't deserve it, may have made a mistake in allowing such beauty to come into my life????So what did I do... I took my touch pad, delved into Tech N9ne's K.O.D and scrolled down to 'Leave me Alone'... It's on repeat, and I'm releasing all that negativity... and it's actually funny to me now. I fell like saying F.U.N....lol..See I can relate to Tech N9ne. I'm from the bottom of the bottomless. I've always known about my potential to do anything, but not being able to do something can just drive you to madness. I feel I was close to that. When i look at my life now. I have a job, my first job, a senior position. I'm pretty much involved in 70% of hip hop activities that happen in my area. I have a beautiful woman by my side that keeps me grounded. I know the value of friendship because, all the guys that I had next to me when I was living the 'life' deserted me, and tried to come back once I got my affairs in order. And now some of those are giving (or trying to give) me advice about my soon-to-be marriage... All I can say is, 'Thanks Tech. knowing that someone came from that far back, that had all the potential, but took the long, hard road to success. You did it your way, and you made it. I may be a novice Technician, but it's in moments like these that your music is soo important. Thanks man'. Now I'm a bump me some 'He's a mental giant' because I am.... DWAAAAMMMMNNNN....lol

  2. #2
    Senior Member AndrewBlades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,018
    Quit being a faggot or gtfo. No one cares, and I'm just gonna be the honest one here.

  3. #3
    Junior Member EddyMihigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10
    People like you never get anywhere in life... I'm just being honest... Thanks for the comment...



    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades
    Quit being a faggot or gtfo. No one cares, and I'm just gonna be the honest one here.

  4. #4
    Senior Member AndrewBlades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    I believe the opposite is true in this day and age. Honesty is a pretty penny that can't be found much anymore and a trait that is sought out in our generation. Now back to the topic, is it that you've never posted in a forum before? We don't care about your personal life, especially if we don't know you. You put shit like this in a diary. I still don't know what the fuck you're saying. You had doubts of God because he put your wife in your life, so you put on "Leave Me Alone?" why the fuck would that make sense? And did this just recently happen, cuz you said October last year. What gave you the urge to come share this with a bunch of people you don't know? Just saying though. And to clear things up, I've probably been more places in life than you. What'd you say? You just got your first job?


    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mihigo
    People like you never get anywhere in life... I'm just being honest... Thanks for the comment...


    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades
    Quit being a faggot or gtfo. No one cares, and I'm just gonna be the honest one here.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CharlesWeis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    Well, in all honesty, he's right, the majority of people aren't gonna care. I think Andrew was being harsh though with the "faggot" 'n shit but umm... I can see why you thought maybe it was a good idea, cuz Tech's music helped you but uhh... just a fair warning some people will seriously flame you cuz almost no one gives a fuck unless you're a respected member or it's something big. There have been a few threads where a member of the website lost her daughter 'n we all paid respect, another member lost his brother who was a technician 'n we all paid respect but stories of how "Tech changed my life" are a dime a dozen, sorry 'n shit. Also honestly.... I didn't read ur thing...



    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mihigo
    People like you never get anywhere in life... I'm just being honest... Thanks for the comment...


    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades
    Quit being a faggot or gtfo. No one cares, and I'm just gonna be the honest one here.

  6. #6
    Junior Member EddyMihigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10


    I didn't write that so people could care... I wrote it because I felt it needed to be out there... In all honesty, I really didn't write it for any of you.. I wrote it so Tech would know that his music affects a lot of people in many different places, and in many different ways, whether it's tragedy, or just a stressful day... Also, writing this was a way of dealing with and releasing any form of negativity I may have had inside me...





    I really, really appreciate the warnings and the comments, but the 'not caring' part doesn't faze me at all... I'll keep writing about my experiences with Tech's music, because it helps sometimes. Whether someone appreciates it or not, well that's not my problem... I write for fun, I write lyrics and I write poetry. One thing I learned in my short life is 'write for yourself first'... That's what I do...





    Lastly, dime-a-dozen or tragedy, his music still helped me cope with a situation, period... Thanks again for the comments gents, but I think we're wired differently (no disrespect). See, 99.99999% of people not caring about what I wrote, or bashing it really doesn't affect me at all. I actually like the fact that you took the time to read/dash through it and comment on it... That's the most important thing to me...





    So once again, I'll keep writing on this forum, and you can read it, or leave it... Thanks again guys...

  7. #7
    Senior Member CharlesWeis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,140
    well unfortunately, Tech doesnt come on here that much anymore, it's been A LONG time since he's been on, sorry 'n shit, also didn't read past first few sentences



    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mihigo

    I didn't write that so people could care... I wrote it because I felt it needed to be out there... In all honesty, I really didn't write it for any of you.. I wrote it so Tech would know that his music affects a lot of people in many different places, and in many different ways, whether it's tragedy, or just a stressful day... Also, writing this was a way of dealing with and releasing any form of negativity I may have had inside me...





    I really, really appreciate the warnings and the comments, but the 'not caring' part doesn't faze me at all... I'll keep writing about my experiences with Tech's music, because it helps sometimes. Whether someone appreciates it or not, well that's not my problem... I write for fun, I write lyrics and I write poetry. One thing I learned in my short life is 'write for yourself first'... That's what I do...





    Lastly, dime-a-dozen or tragedy, his music still helped me cope with a situation, period... Thanks again for the comments gents, but I think we're wired differently (no disrespect). See, 99.99999% of people not caring about what I wrote, or bashing it really doesn't affect me at all. I actually like the fact that you took the time to read/dash through it and comment on it... That's the most important thing to me...





    So once again, I'll keep writing on this forum, and you can read it, or leave it... Thanks again guys...

  8. #8
    Junior Member EddyMihigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10
    Cool... but thanks...

  9. #9
    Senior Member CrAzY~C!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    532
    all u guys tlkn shit on here yall needa gtfo... mufuckers jus jealous that they aint gotta woman n shit... dude i read that whole story and found it pretty interesting. i kno really nothin bout african culture im from San Antonio Texas n the USA yadda mean?.. but i think its badass 2 kno that evn n Africa, Techs music is makin an impact. theres nothin wrong with postin on here how Techs music changed ur life. thats what this site is about. Tech motherfuckin N9NE and his music. this is the only site i hav an account 4 bcuz Techs music has changed my life n so many ways jus like u bro.... all the fuckin pieces of shit who jus tlk shit and hav an account on here 4 no reason but 2 tlk shit need 2 jus delete ur account stfu and jus come on here 4 updates.

  10. #10
    Junior Member EddyMihigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks for the support...



    Quote Originally Posted by CrAzY~C!
    all u guys tlkn shit on here yall needa gtfo... mufuckers jus jealous that they aint gotta woman n shit... dude i read that whole story and found it pretty interesting. i kno really nothin bout african culture im from San Antonio Texas n the USA yadda mean?.. but i think its badass 2 kno that evn n Africa, Techs music is makin an impact. theres nothin wrong with postin on here how Techs music changed ur life. thats what this site is about. Tech motherfuckin N9NE and his music. this is the only site i hav an account 4 bcuz Techs music has changed my life n so many ways jus like u bro.... all the fuckin pieces of shit who jus tlk shit and hav an account on here 4 no reason but 2 tlk shit need 2 jus delete ur account stfu and jus come on here 4 updates.

Similar Threads

  1. Bad day? Slow tired morning? Ever play Tech like coffee?
    By NJ__Jon in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 01:38 AM
  2. Citizen Cope
    By Julian in forum Rumors
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
  3. TO THE DUDE THAT HELPED ME OUT...
    By follow@_ebahMina in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 06:59 AM
  4. good morning tech fans
    By traci dawn mitchell in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
  5. Tech #5 on MTV's rotation this morning
    By RL98 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 01:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •