Thread: Random thoughts on KABOSH project

Random thoughts on KABOSH project

So I was just thinking bout this and wondering how what others thoughts were. Tech just gained a whole shitload of new fans with All6s7s and now even more with him stealing the show on Carter 4 in little over 60 seconds. My thought is maybe the timing of the release may be a bad idea. Ever since the late 90s with limp bizkit and countless other bands there is a bad stigma attached with a "rap/rock" project. I am stoked to hear it but with all the newbies catchin on just now I wonder if there will be a large group of people who will start hating on Tech(maybe without even hearing the album). I feel like with this new buzz his next solo album could far outdo his No.4 chart appearance but I also feel like some people may hear it and get turned off by Tech since they wont understand it. I know personally if I didnt know Tech and someone told me to listen to some artists rap/rock album I probably wouldnt be to enthused to listen. I just hope people give it a chance with an open mind.

Pumped for it. It's not intended to be a rap rock record. It might turn out something close to that intentions aside. With all speculations out the window I'm really looking forward to the album.

he said he didnt wanna do a rap/rock album, but a real rock album so we'll see where he goes with it. would be awesome if hepulled out the vocals he used on "rock n roll nigga" when he gets goin the dude sounds like a rock star.

When done right, "rap/rock" is my favorite genre of music. So I've been waiting for KABOSH ever since day 1. I get what you're saying about the timing possibly being off, but he's been trying to get this done forever and I don't really think Tech would want to put it off any longer than is already needed.

Even if doesn't sell as well as he might hope (kinda like Lil' Wayne's Rebirth album right after C3) He'll just bounce right back with a true solo album (like Wayne's doing with C4)... I'm not sure if there's ever gonna be a "perfect" time to release it, but I just don't want it to be some Detox type project that everyone talks about but never comes out...

this, K.A.B.O.S.H. is obviously for everyone to enjoy, but the fans who have been around way before Wayne even mentioned Tech are the ones who are really looking forward to it more than anything. Obviously Tech cares about his old fan base enough to not be like "Oh, maybe I should wait 'til I solidify this new fan base from Wayne's kid's." Nahh, especially when we've been waiting for 5 years. I'd like to believe that he tries to make everyone happy with one project when he can, so I'm going to treat this like the make-up sex for The Gates Mixed Plate considering most ppl didn't care for it, despite being 2 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by twizzy1

only thing that is going to hurt is that new fans will be saying that he is copying lil wayne..

tech said he was dropping a collabo album pretty soon..soo..i guess there will be a solo album right after that? most likely..well. imo.. tech should just focus on that for now...i dont want him to release kabosh anytime soon..i want him to actually take his time on it, and not rush it! cuz i have high expectations for that album...very high...haha..

I hope it's everything you all want it to be but I will be skipping this one. The only thing I hate more than rock music is when people try and merge rap and rock together. I just can't stand the sound. It is a horrible marriage in my opinion but I hope it's great for the fans of that genre. I would be shocked if it doesn't live up to your all's expectations simply due to the fact that Tech is a beast when it comes to any music he touches.

Cant agree.....SM has already made some decent ones, World Wide Choppers is barely rock, but the electric works !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Boi
    I hope it's everything you all want it to be but I will be skipping this one. The only thing I hate more than rock music is when people try and merge rap and rock together. I just can't stand the sound. It is a horrible marriage in my opinion but I hope it's great for the fans of that genre. I would be shocked if it doesn't live up to your all's expectations simply due to the fact that Tech is a beast when it comes to any music he touches.