Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne Slacking?

Tech N9ne Slacking?

Now before I start I'll advise you that some of this material may offend you. I understand people idolize their favorite entertainers and a negative thought about them unthinkable. And if you can't handle it then don't read any further. You've been warned.

I figured I'd start with talking about "Sickology 101" sense I feel its where T9 started being lazy. It's a dope name, but the content doesn't suit it. Lets be completely honest, majority of the content on this album wasn't "sick" it was typical, recycled and boring. He talked about rapping good (Typical), partying and everything that goes with it (Typical), being different (Recycled), not getting mainstream invites (Recycle), and a few gems like "Dysfunctional" and "Far Away". All in all, a flat album. "But its a collabo album not a solo album dumbass!" If your thinking that keep your stupidity away from here and leave.

Next he had "K.O.D." Yes he had recycled content but I think this where he was his most creative. Too bad this would be his last burst of it.

Then he makes "Ollie Gates Mixed Plate." Now this album to me was just plain fucking stupid. Like a downgrade of "Sickology 101." Do any of you go back and listen to that album. I sure know I don't.

"Bad Season" was just a feeble attempt Tech N9ne did to get more popular. That album didn't even make his Wikipedia page. I never listen to that or listened to that. I mean I gave each track a chance but it sucked.

"All 6's and 7's" was made after that. This album to me was good at first until the beats wore off and I listened to the content. He had songs like "So Lonely" and well nothing I ever go back to listen to. What I really notice is Techs stepping towards a mainstream sound. "Killer" was a little mainstream but not enough to where I didn't like it. Then with each album he took small steps towards that mainstream feel. With the exception of "K.O.D." I don't know how it happened but it did and served me many songs of entertainment.

Then "Welcome to Strangeland" arrived. Now it should be clear that Tech N9ne slacking and rushing his songs. What's the point of many more albums but with many more faults. This was just another album with very few songs with any longevity.

"E.B.A.H." well I already know everyone wasn't pleased with this one. But "Boiling Point" seemed to turn everyone around even though it added almost nothing to Techs catalogue. One good song, maybe two tops.

Now he has "Something Else" coming out. And with the amount of time on it I'm expecting a pretty damn good album. Judging by the sampler I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping he wouldn't go in that "All 6's and 7's" route but it would seem to be he is. His word play doesn't mean nothing to me if the content is boring.

Now I can go back to sitting on my couch, drinking my beverage, and watching re-runs of some boring show. Everything on T.V. seems to be boring in the morning. And I know this was very critical but I'm just in one of those moods.

Since this topic has been discussed multiple times I'll keep my response short. I agree with a lot of what you said and to extrapolate on a point you made, to people who think just because something is a collabos album, EP, or mixtape that we shouldn't be too critical of it, as long as you're paying money for the music, you have every right to be critical of it. Anyways, I agree that SE has an A6A7 sound to it, which is disappointing in the sense that, even though I liked most of the album, I really don't want another album like that, I want SOMETHING ELSE like that freakin' title says lol.

Of course Tech's slacking:

I am not sure what you guys really expect him to do. Do you want him to break away from who he is as an artist? Do you want him to make something specifically suited to his fans ears or should he continue to make the music that comes to his heart and mind based on his life and experiences at the time? Seems to me he has created such a diverse fan base that no matter what he will seemingly never please all of you. An artist paints the picture he/she sees not the picture they think someone else would like to see. I was around Tech on a frequent basis during the Anghellic, Absolute Power and Everready days and if you even take a look at the vast difference between Anghellic and AP you could really tell that his career would be shaped by what was happening to him and NOTHING ELSE. Totally different kinds of albums and totally different kinds of sounds. Anghellic was a period that was sooo uncertain in Tech's life and AP reflected the realization that Strange was gonna be a success and that the majority of his life in the coming months would be a party. YOUR ARGUMENT is about 10 yrs old....people said that AP wasn't introspective like Anghellic was but it may have actually been MORE introspective with songs like TRAPPED IN A PSYCHO'S BODY but because alot of the content was party related I guess people didnt realize that Tech's life was exactly that SHOWS AND PARTIES. A lot of you were probably 5 & 6 yrs old when those albums dropped and you probably don't know that Tech toured on AP for almost 3 years so there wasn't a whole lot of change in that. When the anticipation grew for Everready the debate raged that it should be more like Anghellic or AP and it was decidedly split. The newly acquired Juggalo fan base wanted a darker more wicked album and some others wanted more party type shit because we wanted to see Tech on TV and radio. What we got was NEITHER. Everready was great mixture of both but STILL true to what was happening in his life. Tech is truly the most spread out person MENTALLY I have ever met he can appreciate a wide range of art that I can't seem to wrap my head around. But because he is so accepting of all he has no qualms with letting you see all of the sides of him.... Even the ones you don't seem to appreciate.

I hope "you guys" isn't referring to me. I was clearly making a joke in my post in this thread.

Of course Tech isn't lazy or slacking off in his music. But seems like no matter what he does whiny fans like to bitch and start these threads every month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kansascitycat
    I am not sure what you guys really expect him to do. Do you want him to break away from who he is as an artist? Do you want him to make something specifically suited to his fans ears or should he continue to make the music that comes to his heart and mind based on his life and experiences at the time? Seems to me he has created such a diverse fan base that no matter what he will seemingly never please all of you. An artist paints the picture he/she sees not the picture they think someone else would like to see. I was around Tech on a frequent basis during the Anghellic, Absolute Power and Everready days and if you even take a look at the vast difference between Anghellic and AP you could really tell that his career would be shaped by what was happening to him and NOTHING ELSE. Totally different kinds of albums and totally different kinds of sounds. Anghellic was a period that was sooo uncertain in Tech's life and AP reflected the realization that Strange was gonna be a success and that the majority of his life in the coming months would be a party. YOUR ARGUMENT is about 10 yrs old....people said that AP wasn't introspective like Anghellic was but it may have actually been MORE introspective with songs like TRAPPED IN A PSYCHO'S BODY but because alot of the content was party related I guess people didnt realize that Tech's life was exactly that SHOWS AND PARTIES. A lot of you were probably 5 & 6 yrs old when those albums dropped and you probably don't know that Tech toured on AP for almost 3 years so there wasn't a whole lot of change in that. When the anticipation grew for Everready the debate raged that it should be more like Anghellic or AP and it was decidedly split. The newly acquired Juggalo fan base wanted a darker more wicked album and some others wanted more party type shit because we wanted to see Tech on TV and radio. What we got was NEITHER. Everready was great mixture of both but STILL true to what was happening in his life. Tech is truly the most spread out person MENTALLY I have ever met he can appreciate a wide range of art that I can't seem to wrap my head around. But because he is so accepting of all he has no qualms with letting you see all of the sides of him.... Even the ones you don't seem to appreciate.

Just let Tech be Tech!!! Dang... If that's the music he wants to do it's because he feels like it. Why the fuck are y'all making a big fuss if you don't like it? SMH

No wasn't to you but rather who started the thread...seems like fans want him to make a bunch of music that sounds like their fav song of his....it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TECHN9CIANofABQ

I hope "you guys" isn't referring to me. I was clearly making a joke in my post in this thread.

Of course Tech isn't lazy or slacking off in his music. But seems like no matter what he does whiny fans like to bitch and start these threads every month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kansascitycat

"Jeez, you guys are so sensitive." I was just thinking out loud. I was only saying that Techs content is getting boring. Its not my position to tell him what to rap about, I was just saying. I knew people would come on here and tell me to stop whining. Didn't you guys read the introduction? Its just a little criticism.

PS: I see Tech commented to this on his twitter. I didn't say he lacked rhyme, I was referring to content. But it doesn't matter. I should've known people wouldn't be able to discuss this or they would try and rationalize it. Like I don't understand why he raps about it........ Just boring to me, wanted to see who agreed. Although I bought "Boiling Point" and almost everything before "K.O.D." and "K.O.D." so I still appreciate his music.

i liked welcome to strangeland better than a6a7...

and sickology might have been my favorite tour....

i know this has nothing to do with the topic but there is my 2 cents ha