Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One or PS4

Xbox One or PS4

Hey guys, This isn't related to music but just entertainment in general. Now that Xbox was revealed today which console does everyone plan on getting. I have both a 360 and PS3 and 360 has always been my #1. The new Xbox One in my mind has completely blown PS4 out of the water. Im getting Xbox One at launch and maybe a PS4 down the road. What about you guys?

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/oiznjb/xbox-one-xbox-one-reveal--

PS4 easy.

PS4 has DDR5 RAM while Xbox only has DDR3. It's not a huge deal now because most affordable TVs top at 1080p, but in 5 years when people are buying 2600p TVs, the Xbox One isn't gunna even compare to the PS4. The difference is gunna be like 30fps compared to 60fps, not even close.

Also, DDR3 RAM doesn't have any error correction, while DDR5 does. That means that the PS4's ability to stream games is far superior to the Xbox One. Game streaming isn't a factor in the current gen of gaming, but Sony has already said that you will be able to stream ALL triple A game titles on the PS4. And if Xbox wants to compete, that means they will have to have streaming services as well, but it will be impossible to make it as good as the PS4's.

ON TOP OF THAT. It will be required on the Xbox One for all games to be installed on your hardrive, and if you ever want to play that game on a different Xbox, you have to pay a fee. Not to mention that to make the Xbox One affordable, you have to buy a 2 year gold service contract with the new Xbox. While PSN is still free.

And I haven't even mentioned that the exclusive games for playstation are better than the exclusives for xbox.

The fact that you thought the xbox one blew the ps4 out of the water made me laugh.

Sony master race.

I like your opinion and hopefully this sparks some good debating. But i just gotta say that there is no fee to play a game on another Xbox. There is cloud gaming you can play a game and finish where u left off on any other Xbox. Xbox live is superior to playstation online. It doesn't even compare that's why we pay. I have both consoles so I know. the 2 year subscription will likely be an option but not the only one. It will come out with probably the same price as the PS4 if you chose not to get it cheaper with the live subscription. E3 will really show us what next for these 2 consoles but having watched both press conferences Xbox seems to have a solid foundation for success and innovation. Lastly, I just wanna point out that within Xbox's 1st year there will be 15 Exclusive games only on the new Xbox and 8 of those are completely new Franchises. The partnership with call of duty again plus these exclusives, plus the partnership with the NFL and ESPN, I think Xbox will win this generation again.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/0...-one-analysis/ Yes there will most likely be a fee to play game anywhere besides the xbox that it was first installed on. Also, developers will have the option to include always online into their games. So there will be some even single player games for the Xbox that you cannot play without WIFI or live.

I also have both consoles. Xbox live is better, but it's not $50 better.

As far as their partnership with EA and ESPN, EA loses exclusive rights to madden in 2015, so any developer will be able to make NFL games now. As far as other sports games, that is an advantage to Xbox. But as a whole, sports games and COD are both aimed at casual gamers. A lot of hardcore gamers hate both. Xbox and PS4 are marketing to two way different demographics.

E3 will hold more info though. Right now I still think PS4 wins easy.

EDIT: You also have to keep in mind that all of those EA sports games and COD games are also going to be released on the PS4. There will be some exclusive content, but it will all be minor or it will be DLC.

You do have a good point that Xbox will have more exclusive titles in the first year, but if the trend continues, PS4 will still have the better exclusives. So far it's pretty much Halo and Gears of war vs. God of War, Injustice, little big planet, playstation all stars, uncharted, kill zone, resistance, Heavy rain.

Also, just because something wins in sales, doesn't make it the better console. I'm pretty sure the Wii has sold more than ps3 and 360, but we both know it doesn't compare as a gaming console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F

I like your opinion and hopefully this sparks some good debating. But i just gotta say that there is no fee to play a game on another Xbox. There is cloud gaming you can play a game and finish where u left off on any other Xbox. Xbox live is superior to playstation online. It doesn't even compare that's why we pay. I have both consoles so I know. the 2 year subscription will likely be an option but not the only one. It will come out with probably the same price as the PS4 if you chose not to get it cheaper with the live subscription. E3 will really show us what next for these 2 consoles but having watched both press conferences Xbox seems to have a solid foundation for success and innovation. Lastly, I just wanna point out that within Xbox's 1st year there will be 15 Exclusive games only on the new Xbox and 8 of those are completely new Franchises. The partnership with call of duty again plus these exclusives, plus the partnership with the NFL and ESPN, I think Xbox will win this generation again.

I dont like the fact that the Xbox One has to be connected to the kinect in order to function but sadly will probably end up getting one cause all my friends are getting it and i have no friends on PS but i dont like the Playstation controller

The new playstation controler is a bit bigger and closer to what the 360 controller is, but obviously I haven't held it in my hands yet so there is really no way to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky J

I dont like the fact that the Xbox One has to be connected to the kinect in order to function but sadly will probably end up getting one cause all my friends are getting it and i have no friends on PS but i dont like the Playstation controller

yeah it does but im not to thrilled about the motion controll pad or w/e.........maaaaaaaaaaan this is gunna be hard do i wanna game or do i wanna game with friends on a sketchy as fuck always gotta be connected kinect

Few Facts mixed up here.

1. The fee thing I think your just a bit confused about. I took a look at the article and it says that you can give your disc to someone else no problem. No fee's and you can play it with all the content which is the way it is now-a-days. The fee is if you want to give the game back to your friend and have it installed to your hard drive so that you can own the full game and play it without the disc which is pretty sick if you ask me. I don't know the fee prices but if my friend brings over a game I don't have and I like it and I can pay 40$ instead of 60$ for it that's awesome and ill take that.

2. The developers making games with always online connection or no single player component is up to the developers and will happen to both consoles with tons of games. Not just an Xbox thing.

3. The exclusives. You listed a bias with only 2 xbox games and like 10 PS3 games. I don't like Halo and some of the other Xbox exclusives but you missed many Xbox exclusive. This also has no indication about how sick these new exclusives are going to be. Who knows maybe all 15 new projects will be AAA quality unlike The witness or Knack shown for a younger audience. Not that I like all these games but you missed these Xbox Exclusives Fable, Crackdown, Dance Central (Somehow lots of people liked this), and Forza.

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/0...-one-analysis/ Yes there will most likely be a fee to play game anywhere besides the xbox that it was first installed on. Also, developers will have the option to include always online into their games. So there will be some even single player games for the Xbox that you cannot play without WIFI or live.

I also have both consoles. Xbox live is better, but it's not $50 better.

As far as their partnership with EA and ESPN, EA loses exclusive rights to madden in 2015, so any developer will be able to make NFL games now. As far as other sports games, that is an advantage to Xbox. But as a whole, sports games and COD are both aimed at casual gamers. A lot of hardcore gamers hate both. Xbox and PS4 are marketing to two way different demographics.

E3 will hold more info though. Right now I still think PS4 wins easy.

EDIT: You also have to keep in mind that all of those EA sports games and COD games are also going to be released on the PS4. There will be some exclusive content, but it will all be minor or it will be DLC.

You do have a good point that Xbox will have more exclusive titles in the first year, but if the trend continues, PS4 will still have the better exclusives. So far it's pretty much Halo and Gears of war vs. God of War, Injustice, little big planet, playstation all stars, uncharted, kill zone, resistance, Heavy rain.

Also, just because something wins in sales, doesn't make it the better console. I'm pretty sure the Wii has sold more than ps3 and 360, but we both know it doesn't compare as a gaming console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F

Quote Originally Posted by ???