Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I GOT INTO UNI!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I GOT INTO UNI!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm going to uni in September, I'm SOOOOOOO HAPZ right now

Gratz.

I'm assuming uni is college, if so, congratulations. Work hard and take advantage of the opportunity. I graduated from college 10 years ago and while my current job is not in my field of study, the degree did help open the door. A college diploma is definitely a worth while thing to have, not to mention how much fun just being at college is.

I dunno... college is like somewhere you go to when you're 16-18 here. Uni is like university... Harvard? Princeton? Yale? etc that kinda thing, I didn't realise you guys called it college haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Boi
    I'm assuming uni is college, if so, congratulations. Work hard and take advantage of the opportunity. I graduated from college 10 years ago and while my current job is not in my field of study, the degree did help open the door. A college diploma is definitely a worth while thing to have, not to mention how much fun just being at college is.

Well done !!!!!...nothin beats an education...it can certainly open a lot more doors.....do you have your heart set on any thing in particular?? ... Id love to go and mingle with those juicy young uni chicks.....Theres no bigger turn on than an assertive - confident- and hell motivated chickory.

Thanks! I know, it really does wonders for your CV as well! I'm not really sure, I'm doing a degree in Economics but I have NO idea what career I wanna do. LMAO yes, that's a PRIORITY during Fresher's Week haha!

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Brian Fitzpatrick
    Well done !!!!!...nothin beats an education...it can certainly open a lot more doors.....do you have your heart set on any thing in particular?? ... Id love to go and mingle with those juicy young uni chicks.....Theres no bigger turn on than an assertive - confident- and hell motivated chickory.

Cheers siikez!

Quote Originally Posted by Siikez
    Gratz.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mustyy
    I'm happy for you son

Wait what the fuck?

College = 2 year school to get your Associates
    University = Anything beyond your Associates (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorates)

University doesn't mean Ivy league school (Harvard, MIT, Yale)

Most people go to "college" when they're 18. I mean 16? Wtf? Are you a genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger
    I dunno... college is like somewhere you go to when you're 16-18 here. Uni is like university... Harvard? Princeton? Yale? etc that kinda thing, I didn't realise you guys called it college haha.

LMAO nahh it's just different names for it I think :P. I WISH I was a genius haha! I'm from England, you see.

We have 3 main qualifications here. GCSE's (General Certificate of Secondary Education) which take place at 16. A Levels (Advanced Levels) which you can do from 16-18 and then university to go and get your degree. Most degrees are usually Bacholors and, if completed successfully, graduates can go onto do Masters/Doctorates etc. From what you've said, you Bachelors the same as Masters and Doctorates, the former must have more value in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy

Wait what the fuck?

College = 2 year school to get your Associates
    University = Anything beyond your Associates (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorates)

University doesn't mean Ivy league school (Harvard, MIT, Yale)

Most people go to "college" when they're 18. I mean 16? Wtf? Are you a genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger