Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People from KCMO, question

People from KCMO, question

From south dakota and i'm heading down that way this weekend, well if not this weekend then next weekend, and imma be staying in lawrence where my bro lives, i was wondering where are the best places to eat, i know KC is like the BBQ capital and besides Gates, what other good places are there to eat, because i love some good ribs

Bump, where are all my KCMO technicians at?

Oklahoma Joes on 47th Ave in KCK

My top 3 bbq joints, in no specific order really, are Gates, Jack Stack, and Oklahoma Joes. Jack Stack is a little more of an upscale joint, with the best sides (baked beans, cheesy corn, cheesy potato bake, onion rings, etc). Their lamb ribs are off the hook too. A lot of people say Oklahoma Joes is the best bbq in town. I can't argue that...everything I've had there is really really good. It's more of a ic BBQ joint, kinda like Gates. There are a few of them around the city...including the original that is actually in a gas station. If you like fried chicken, Strouds is really well known and is a KC original, family place. If you are looking for a nice restaurant and a really good steak, Herford House is tough to beat, but there are several other good places too like McCormick & Schmicks, Ruth's Chris, Plaza III, etc. For authentic Italian food, definitely go to Gorozzo's in the old Italian part of downtown. For a novelty type place, there is a a place called "Skies" which is on the top floor of the Hyatt down by Crown Center (close to downtown). It is a rotating restaurant that overlooks downtown. It would be a great place to have a drink and check out the city from high up. I'm probably leaving some places out, but that is what comes to mind off the top of my head.

okie joes.. bennys on 40 highway in indep. strouds is dope like scotty said.. george bretts is raw.. real y sports bar type deal.. for sure hit up westport.. stay the fuck from americas pub tho

You've got plenty of input on BBQ so I'll go a different direction.

I wouldn't call a trip to KC complete without the best fried chicken in the country from Strouds. Come hungry

http://www.stroudsrestaurant.com/

EDIT: Just realized Scotty said Strouds also lol

thanx everyone, hope to check out some of those places

OK Joes is the best in KC...two locations...the other one is in Olathe at 119th and Strang Line Rd.

And yes, Strouds Fried Chicken and also they're country gravy is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hardin
    Oklahoma Joes on 47th Ave in KCK

We have McCormick & Schmicks and Ruth's Chris in AZ... this is not the kind of place your looking for... i promise...
    I would stick to mom & pop places.

Check food network...

here is the Man Vs. Food link they talk about Oklahoma Joe's n stuff : http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...des/KansasCity

Chec

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyKCMO
    My top 3 bbq joints, in no specific order really, are Gates, Jack Stack, and Oklahoma Joes. Jack Stack is a little more of an upscale joint, with the best sides (baked beans, cheesy corn, cheesy potato bake, onion rings, etc). Their lamb ribs are off the hook too. A lot of people say Oklahoma Joes is the best bbq in town. I can't argue that...everything I've had there is really really good. It's more of a ic BBQ joint, kinda like Gates. There are a few of them around the city...including the original that is actually in a gas station. If you like fried chicken, Strouds is really well known and is a KC original, family place. If you are looking for a nice restaurant and a really good steak, Herford House is tough to beat, but there are several other good places too like McCormick & Schmicks, Ruth's Chris, Plaza III, etc. For authentic Italian food, definitely go to Gorozzo's in the old Italian part of downtown. For a novelty type place, there is a a place called "Skies" which is on the top floor of the Hyatt down by Crown Center (close to downtown). It is a rotating restaurant that overlooks downtown. It would be a great place to have a drink and check out the city from high up. I'm probably leaving some places out, but that is what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Yea I seen that episode when he went to KC, he made everything look so fuckin good, all the places he went to, I'm for sure checkin out oklahoma joes

Quote Originally Posted by cashed13

We have McCormick & Schmicks and Ruth's Chris in AZ... this is not the kind of place your looking for... i promise...
    I would stick to mom & pop places.

Check food network...

here is the Man Vs. Food link they talk about Oklahoma Joe's n stuff : http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...des/KansasCity

Chec

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyKCMO