Thread: UNDERGROJND PROMOTIONAL/DISTRABUTIONAL LABEL LOOKING FOR MORE ARTISTS

UNDERGROJND PROMOTIONAL/DISTRABUTIONAL LABEL LOOKING FOR MORE ARTISTS

Hello, I am Ben. I am looking for more artists to join my record label "Underground Crown." In this label, complete creative freedom is allowed. It has all of the upsides of being signed (promotional, collaborations, ect.) and all of the benefits of being Indie (You get copyright, all of the money, no required amount of albums per year, ect.) If you want to join, send me your demo tape to jAmistudios@yahoo.com I am already in a collaborative effort with 2 people registered on this site: 10-17-13 (TAK / TAK Records) and cOes.

Bump

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

What it do?

My name is Relick iSinReal these are some new tracks ive done this month I mix and record from home im interested in finding a collab id like to hear what artists u workin wit. Some links of there stuff would be cool thnx.

I've got some questions and/or things you may want to think about...

As you're only 15 I'm guessing this hasn't been set up as a legit company? If you make money off of this and it's not a legal registered company expect the tax collectors to be banging on your door one morning and you ending up in court. You would be personally liable for every penny owed as well.

Your site says you're doing it to promote artists, who's paying for promotion? Who's paying for beats? Who's paying to get artists to venues for live shows? etc...

What's the deal with contracting artists? If you want to make sure there isn't disputes over money or disputes over the sampler you're planning on doing once a year then you need to have it in hand signed written contracts.

Just a couple of other things, you have some spelling mistakes on here and the website, I would change those to be correct for a better professional feel. Also you do know even being signed to an Indie the label normally owns the masters, takes a percent of money and there is a minimum amount of releases in a specific time frame the artist has to do.

However if you're saying that the artist gets complete copyright that means you must be a registered company and be registered with the correct phonographic industry companies. Failure to do this means the work is copyrighted to an extent but not fully as a final piece.

My advice would be hold off on this, do some research until you're 18 and then set it up legit. How much knowledge and ability a 15 year old can have on running a company is clearly not going to be that much.

You are correct, I am not making any money off of it, I know some people who will give me beats for free, and no one is paying for promotion. No money is not allowed to be circulated under the label until I am 18 and can open a paypall account ect. The only copyright is the copyright that is provided free on sites like bandcamp. So taxation is not a problem. I am also not responsible for booking shows.

The label is designed to be a "gateway" label. In which the point of this is to get you a fan base make you popular enough, then once the opportunity arises, you can go onto a bigger label. There is no real contracts. No money involved, and really, the sampler just needs 1 track, either an unreleased one, or one from your last album. Just a strong suggestion again no contract, so you don't HAVE to if you really want.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, Thank you for informing me of them. webs.com does not have a spell check function. I just fixed those.

Copyright is made and covered by bandcamp.com, it comes with the account and is all free.

I have some friends who have been running labels just like I am, so if I need guidance, I have some people who can help me. But thank you for the advice. It is just distributional so there is not really a whole lot of business involved. Complete freedom to the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bliss

I've got some questions and/or things you may want to think about...

As you're only 15 I'm guessing this hasn't been set up as a legit company? If you make money off of this and it's not a legal registered company expect the tax collectors to be banging on your door one morning and you ending up in court. You would be personally liable for every penny owed as well.

Your site says you're doing it to promote artists, who's paying for promotion? Who's paying for beats? Who's paying to get artists to venues for live shows? etc...

What's the deal with contracting artists? If you want to make sure there isn't disputes over money or disputes over the sampler you're planning on doing once a year then you need to have it in hand signed written contracts.

Just a couple of other things, you have some spelling mistakes on here and the website, I would change those to be correct for a better professional feel. Also you do know even being signed to an Indie the label normally owns the masters, takes a percent of money and there is a minimum amount of releases in a specific time frame the artist has to do.

However if you're saying that the artist gets complete copyright that means you must be a registered company and be registered with the correct phonographic industry companies. Failure to do this means the work is copyrighted to an extent but not fully as a final piece.

My advice would be hold off on this, do some research until you're 18 and then set it up legit. How much knowledge and ability a 15 year old can have on running a company is clearly not going to be that much.

None of the artists signed to the label are looking for a collab right now. If you need more beats I can ask TAK for some, I'm sure that he will be glad as long as you give him recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Relick iSiNReal

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1301910&cont...

What it do?

My name is Relick iSinReal these are some new tracks ive done this month I mix and record from home im interested in finding a collab id like to hear what artists u workin wit. Some links of there stuff would be cool thnx.

Check me out itll be worth your time www.soundcloud.com/the-real-prospekt