Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Writing a Book called The Substance of Horror

  1. #1

    Writing a Book called The Substance of Horror

    <img width="600" src="http://priv.strangetest.com/wp-content/uploads/vbullfiles/t5874-SubstanceofHorrorfront.png" ="align-center"/>


    The back cover already kind of details in with what Im writing about, but this book will most likely descirbe how dealing with reality can inflect your dreams and give off negative energy. The book will have shit loads of horror in their as in horror in reality and horror in my dreams. Stay up for more info on this book. , btw there is gonna be an online release/free download.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Ryan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,130
    Use different colors, cant read what any of it says

  3. #3
    I'll edit the back cover.. I was using red as the concept, but I guess I can change the wordings to white or something more visible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Use different colors, cant read what any of it says

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ryan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,130
    Thats b the best ida, and im not being a dick sayin this, but that pattern n coloration just doesnt scream scary to me but thats just me

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon, The Destroyer
    I'll edit the back cover.. I was using red as the concept, but I guess I can change the wordings to white or something more visible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Use different colors, cant read what any of it says

  5. #5
    I think the front cover does honestly... Ill try to switch somethin up with the back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Thats b the best ida, and im not being a dick sayin this, but that pattern n coloration just doesnt scream scary to me but thats just me

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon, The Destroyer
    I'll edit the back cover.. I was using red as the concept, but I guess I can change the wordings to white or something more visible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Use different colors, cant read what any of it says

  6. #6
    I cant really find any other colors that will match this concept, but Ill just stick with it.

  7. #7
    why did u use the star of david?

  8. #8
    I think he was aiming for it to be a pentagram inside of the O in horror. How old are you and what is your education level? Not trying to be a dick just curious because after squinting to read the back cover it seems like you lack the core grammar skills needed to write a book.

    Quote Originally Posted by cashed13
    why did u use the star of david?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Siikez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,113
    Lol @ the star of david. Brutal lmao he's 16, think he's just looking for a hobby, not a career. At this stage anyway, go easy son. Buuut we will see when he replies lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Boi
    I think he was aiming for it to be a pentagram inside of the O in horror. How old are you and what is your education level? Not trying to be a dick just curious because after squinting to read the back cover it seems like you lack the core grammar skills needed to write a book.

    Quote Originally Posted by cashed13
    why did u use the star of david?

  10. #10


    Since your titling it The Substance of Horror, make sure you talk about the physical and chemical changes in ones body; for example: endorphins/neurotransmitters secreted and what makes a person shake w fear (yes, shaking is real, I've done it) when one is experiencing fear.





    Unless I'm totally wrong and you're going for a narrative.





    BTW I had a nightmare that Jay Rock was a shapeshifer (spider) and he was pretending to be dead. Then Justin Bieber was my psycho ex bf and he was trying to stab me.





    When it comes to writing I recommend The Elements of by E.B. White and William Strunk Jr. - Very easy read.





    That is all.

Similar Threads

  1. The Substance of Horror/TRACKLIST
    By BrandonLanders in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 06:03 AM
  2. Substance of Horror OFFICAL UNFINISHED cover done by SIIKEZ
    By BrandonLanders in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 04:51 PM
  3. Message Interview about my book substance of horror.
    By BrandonLanders in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:08 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 05:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •