Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old tech vs. new tech/ krizz kaliko

old tech vs. new tech/ krizz kaliko

i havnt bin on this mutha fucka in a bit, but when i last peeped this site, MAD fans were arguing that techs old shit was better. but i beg to differ. the old stuff might b more hardcore n such... have different soundin flows n everything. all that is nice as fuck. but if u listen ta his old shit and then peep sum new shit afterwards, his newer stuff (in my opinion of coarse) sounds alot more professional and even has a bigger sound, if yall know wut im talkin about. his old shit, i could laugh my ass off all the time cuz his flows and rhymes would give me this lil adrenaline n shit, but some of his new shit give me full blown chills. which brings me to another thought ive had. i think alot of the reason techs old shit sounds different is because of kali. i think he brought a whole different flavor.

but anyway. opinions anyone? am i stupid? is his old shit better? or is this some real spit

i agree with you in some aspects of this... the new shit is produced alot better in my opinion, and that can be perfect when it comes together on the right track.

but kali has been on techs shit since like '99-'00, when he recorded 'who you came to see' so idk if thats the reason for it

I'm a fan of his older shit. The new music is great, and he's improved by making his music appeal to a whole shit-load of people, but I'm sticking next to his older shit. It was more relatable too when he wasn't becoming a superstar. It's like his music was more personal. I'm not trying to take away from the fact that tech continues to write his life, but I related to the outcast and unknown tech. (I know hes not a superstar in most eyes but his popularity has more than doubled in just the last couple years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Blades
    I'm a fan of his older shit. The new music is great, and he's improved by making his music appeal to a whole shit-load of people, but I'm sticking next to his older shit. It was more relatable too when he wasn't becoming a superstar. It's like his music was more personal. I'm not trying to take away from the fact that tech continues to write his life, but I related to the outcast and unknown tech. (I know hes not a superstar in most eyes but his popularity has more than doubled in just the last couple years.)

im glad i didnt get any stupid people replyin on my shit. (namely those people arguing about tyler the creator and hopsin lol) i just think its cool yall got better opinions then "fuck u. his old shits better". yall know how cats like ta argue in this bitch

o, n brian. i think thats when techs music started changing the most. sure there was thur big ass crazy gap between absolute power and everready, but i think krizz kaliko being on alot more shit then anghellic and absolute power gave everready and mlk a totally different flavor.

dope ^

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Tecca Ninna
    A lot of people just like his old music only because human beings have a hard time dealing with change, just my opinion. The reason I say that is because I can't see how anyone could think older Tech is better than the new. I was listening to his older music the other day & you can definitely hear that he has improved a ton on his flow & overall as an artist. That's not to say I think that the old music isn't good, I think both old & new are incredible. It's just that the new music has the upper hand in experience.

It's not that I'm going through the same shit, situations do change but in the end it all stems from the same place. It's like when I listen to the older stuff it brings memories and feelings, like tech n9ne was still ours. I don't mean that in a bad way, but before he wanted to work with the industry. I don't want to say it's watered down his rawness but it has taken away a certain aspect of his music. Tgmp and bad season both had a pop-ish kind of ring to them, and his last album was just a mesh with the industry. Tech comes hard on everything, but I'm not a fan of the new age hip-hop/rap culture. I listen to all of techs jams and I'm not hating on what he's done, I still listen to All 6's and 7's religiously. But when it comes down to new or old, always gimme the oldies.

Personally ya, the "suicide letters" type of songs still apply to me like they did years ago because mentally it brings me back to where I was at the time, and reminds me not to go back because I don't wanna feel like that again. Some songs just kind of mark or remind you of a time in your life ya know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tecca Ninna
    I don't really think his older stuff was more personal. He still is personal, I'm sure a ton of people can relate. Maybe some people can't relate to the older music. That's why I say the new Tech is better because the music can't be judged on subject matter but strictly skills. I'm sure you guys can't still be feeling the same way now about Tech N9ne's older music. Example...Suicide Letters was such a personal song to me since I had the same thoughts/feelings. Now I listen to that song & can't even relate. It's like Tech said, feeling suicidal is such a weak emotion & after a while you realize that. Do you guy's really have the same struggles & feelings that you had 10 years ago? I personally don't, maybe others do, I don't know. That's how I know Tech is 100% real since he has different struggles, feelings & emotions album to album.