Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay......

Okay......

How did tyler the creator get nominated for a vma? yonkers is the worst video i have ever seen ya he directed his own video but people direct shit coing out of their ass that doesn't make it good. the best part is when he hangs him self he eats a bug then pukes it out thats the highlight of the video? wow that is the worst.

Cause the industry's some punk mufuckas

Ya specially if tech doesn't get nomiatded for one and he does

Quote Originally Posted by jesse lewis
    Cause the industry's some punk mufuckas

because its a popular thing with the kids to be "fans" of tyler the creator....

even though they have never actualy listened

Ya I can see that they think it's some phyco underground thing but it's just a wannabe lynch with wattered down lyrics about the same sort of topic.

i like earl sweatshirt

Quote Originally Posted by sean diego
    i like earl sweatshirt

I loved the video I thought it was really dark and creative I guess I'm one of those "kids" though.

Look at his competition. Bruno Mars "Grenade"? Katy Perry "Fireworks"? Adele...I think she's a great singer. It's a good song. But the video is a fat girl sitting in a chair singing, with a few thousand glasses of water on the ground, and some ninja dancing in a bunch of cocaine (probably not coke). The Beastie Boys video was awesome. Personally, I feel that's the only true competition. But like you said, he only directed his own video. Which I thought was pretty dope for a low budget, independent, 20 year old kid's video. And it may not have been the most creative to you, but it is in terms of mainstream music. Dude hangs himself in the end of the video, that's not that common in popular music. It's shit most of us have heard and seen a million times. But for a lot of sixteen year old suburbanites this shit is brand-new. And remember, it's just a nomination, he didn't get the award. I'd say his video is certainly better than Grenade and Fireworks, a bit better than Adele's, and probably not as dope as the Beastie Boys.

It is better than it's compition but were the hell 'he's a mental giant' or 'hood gon love it' or 'just like me'? the list goes on and on people just wont get out of their comfort zone and find new music. Look a any of opsin's videos his are low buget indie, self directed, and editied. No one will go look for these atists they are as close-minded as I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta

Look at his competition. Bruno Mars "Grenade"? Katy Perry "Fireworks"? Adele...I think she's a great singer. It's a good song. But the video is a fat girl sitting in a chair singing, with a few thousand glasses of water on the ground, and some ninja dancing in a bunch of cocaine (probably not coke). The Beastie Boys video was awesome. Personally, I feel that's the only true competition. But like you said, he only directed his own video. Which I thought was pretty dope for a low budget, independent, 20 year old kid's video. And it may not have been the most creative to you, but it is in terms of mainstream music. Dude hangs himself in the end of the video, that's not that common in popular music. It's shit most of us have heard and seen a million times. But for a lot of sixteen year old suburbanites this shit is brand-new. And remember, it's just a nomination, he didn't get the award. I'd say his video is certainly better than Grenade and Fireworks, a bit better than Adele's, and probably not as dope as the Beastie Boys.