Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kinda confused about tyler the creator

kinda confused about tyler the creator

okay so i been listenin to some of his music...yonkers and girl i think was the name wasnt to bad i cant really listen to anything else cuz its to shitty but anyways this is what i do not understand...Tyler kinda just sounds like some shitty nigga from underground rap, someone that i would not give a second thought about...but i look on youtube and he has got millions and millions of views...how does non impressive underground rap get so much attention? cuz with all those veiws im pretty sure most of the views are main stream fans...but they are listenin to the worst shit of the underground/horrorcore sound. Wtf is goin on here?

He's pretty lyrical, and way left field. It's almost over analyzed. Check rap genius and you'd see what i mean. All the buzz was built on that song yonkers and the fact kanye tweeted his name

i dont think its that he is lyrical...hes not too lyrical at all really..imo......but i think its the fact he say shit others dont...its mostly around his image...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler
    He's pretty lyrical, and way left field. It's almost over analyzed. Check rap genius and you'd see what i mean. All the buzz was built on that song yonkers and the fact kanye tweeted his name

he's pretty lyrical. he has great technique compared to other mcs his age. his beats are raw and very unconventional which gives him and odd future a sound of their own. he's a young rebel free in his own mind who is deep beyond the exsessive cursing. i believe he'll only get better in every aspect of his music it'll be interesting to see what direction he takes next

its just mostly horrorcore not really my favorite sept for a little king gordy and some twizted i have listened to most of his stuff i can kinda see where yall say he is lyrical but his flow is just kinda boren shock value type stuff that i have seen a million times...i just dont see y mainstream accepted him so fast i mean techs been out for a long ass time 12 albums or somethin like that? and this guy just gets in so fast with a horrorcore ? not tryin to diss tyler or anything it just weird that there is so many amazing underground artists but tyler gets to mainstream so fast

its because of kanye tweeting his name and the bob beef, end of story.

"I'm a fucking walking paradox
    And a really shitty rapper in my favorite pair of socks ironed pair of dockers" i guess if you consider that lyrical...

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Wade
    he's pretty lyrical. he has great technique compared to other mcs his age. his beats are raw and very unconventional which gives him and odd future a sound of their own. he's a young rebel free in his own mind who is deep beyond the exsessive cursing. i believe he'll only get better in every aspect of his music it'll be interesting to see what direction he takes next

you can take two lines out of context and say any rapper is not lyrical

He's definitely lyrical, but it's over lyrical to the point you miss it. Everybody does. Not a good thing either, like you shouldn't have to have an encyclopedia to pick up puns and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzum
    i dont think its that he is lyrical...hes not too lyrical at all really..imo......but i think its the fact he say shit others dont...its mostly around his image...

Hopsin's bit on yonkers was fuckin PRICELESS though. So funny

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzum