Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you not atleast respect Kells?

How can you not atleast respect Kells?

This is a new track off the upcoming Black Flag Mixtape. He comes out with new material like this, and It just further confuses me as to how people can not at least respect him. It's not like he doesn't have flow, bars, substance, or . Idk I guess i'm hoping at least some people might rethink their opinions of him after giving this a listen haha.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFOe7gvGGMM

he does have flow, but from what i've heard on his mixtapes (in all fairness, i haven't listened to the lace up lp) and especially his cypher appearances, it gets away from him sometimes, it's very now-you-see-it-now-you-don't. he does have some good rhymes for sure, but they get mixed in with some really lazy ones as well. as far as substance, i'm yet to hear anything but typical chest-beating bravado out of him (though again, i haven't listened to his proper full-length).

having said all that, this track is easily the best of his i've ever heard, so perhaps he's getting better. plus the beat's sick, and that never hurts. thanks for the link, dude... i'll keep an ear out for the mixtape.

If you want hear some of his more substanced stuuf try, Stereo, See My Tears, Her Song, and DEFINITELY Lead You On.

Quote Originally Posted by Smevz

he does have flow, but from what i've heard on his mixtapes (in all fairness, i haven't listened to the lace up lp) and especially his cypher appearances, it gets away from him sometimes, it's very now-you-see-it-now-you-don't. he does have some good rhymes for sure, but they get mixed in with some really lazy ones as well. as far as substance, i'm yet to hear anything but typical chest-beating bravado out of him (though again, i haven't listened to his proper full-length).

having said all that, this track is easily the best of his i've ever heard, so perhaps he's getting better. plus the beat's sick, and that never hurts. thanks for the link, dude... i'll keep an ear out for the mixtape.

Mgk is dope..bout to see him peform this Sunday!

Even if you can flow, rhyme, have content and bring originality if the listener doesn't like his then that's it.

Oh I know that, I'm not saying everyone has to like him, I just don't understand the people who say shit like, he fucking SUCKS, like, idk, maybe it's just me, but even artists I don't like, I still respect them and don't down talk them. The way I see it, they're making money doing something positive, and doing what they love. So I couldn't bring myself to hate on them, envy them? Hell yeah. But never hate.

Mgk is a great rapper, I just don't like how full of himself he is. But it's not like he's the only one I guess that's just how you have to be in the rap game today, cocky and flexin and shit. I don't hate on him, it's just annoying when ppl don't seem humble or down to earth. But you never know he might not be like that when the cameras are off. Which would mean he's fake. But most rappers are actors. Bad ass song tho, but if he thinks he's the best rapper alive???....please ...

I don't think he's that good. His flow is nice, but his lyrics are nothing special at all.

his lace up mixtape is better then the lp. i might be bias though since ive been listening to him for a long time now. but if you actually pay attention to his serious stuff, it is good. and ya, at time he may 'see' full of himself, but its better then no confidence at all and being a whiny bitch lol. but i have respect for him. i hated him when i first started hearing people play him on fb and shit years ago. but i didnt hear everything. so just made assumption. after listening though, ive been a fan for a while. but like any artist, they're only as relevant as their album. especially with how many rappers there are now.

I've listened to most of his stuff. He's alright. He has some good songs, but also a ton of meh songs. His overall attitude is pretty annoying. He's not terrible, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.