Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Gordy Jesus Christs Mistress Artwork

ehh...I'm not a religious advocate in the least bit, but his gimmick is pretty tired. It's just so damn obvious that he does whatever to shock people. It's not even shocking like shock rock used to be in the 90's, it just cries 'desperate for attention'. Gordy was my shit during The Entity. I could care less if the dude rapped about burning a church as long as the shit was original or entertaining. He hasn't been either for years.

King Gordy blows..

What Crow said. Gordy is just sick in the head. He's a talented rapper. Can't wait for the album!

Quote Originally Posted by crow
    u dont know gordy very well.....that guy is fucked up in the head.....its not just a shock thing.....i followed him on twitter for a day and unfollowed him just because of all the bullshit he types.....and this is coming from a gordy fan.....hes got good word play

Quote Originally Posted by CHi Star
    ehh...I'm not a religious advocate in the least bit, but his gimmick is pretty tired. It's just so damn obvious that he does whatever to shock people. It's not even shocking like shock rock used to be in the 90's, it just cries 'desperate for attention'. Gordy was my shit during The Entity. I could care less if the dude rapped about burning a church as long as the shit was original or entertaining. He hasn't been either for years.

lol...no he's not....the shit he says on Twitter is the same cheap shock value he uses in his music, it's Twitter, a public avenue for him to continue that character. I've follow Gordy since just before his first major album, I'm very familiar with him and his music. I'm actually a big fan and know he has talent, he just needs to concentrate on music and not cheap marketing ploys.

u dont know gordy very well.....that guy is fucked up in the head.....its not just a shock thing.....i followed him on twitter for a day and unfollowed him just because of all the bullshit he types.....and this is coming from a gordy fan.....hes got good word play

lol Sing The Blues was very solid. Bridges to Burn, Lovebirds, Mrs.Calgon were really good tracks imo, don't get where the hate is coming

and yeah of course he's fucked up in the head. Listen to No Lights. enough said.

that said, i can't wait for this album to come out

how has this guy not been labeled a devil worshipper?

well thats fuckin dumb, gordy sports long ass devil horns on his head, and tech is the devil worshipper.

because people do think this....hes just not known by as many people as tech......and hes a horrorcore artist and doesnt hide anything and says it all...and everyone thinks tech is subliminal

Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    how has this guy not been labeled a devil worshipper?

lol Sing The Blues was almost 0 horrorcore man. he topics are a lot more broad than u guys make it seem

Quote Originally Posted by Tecca Ninna
    Lol. That's how I feel. Eventually artists need to progress & break away from their niche. I mean if people keep listening then sure, keep doin' it I guess. I just don't listen to artists who don't expand their music. I just lose interest after an album or two.

lol...no he's not....the shit he says on Twitter is the same cheap shock value he uses in his music, it's Twitter, a public avenue for him to continue that character. I've follow Gordy since just before his first major album, I'm very familiar with him and his music. I'm actually a big fan and know he has talent, he just needs to concentrate on music and not cheap marketing ploys.

I'm not saying the dude can't rap about other stuff. Like I said before, I'm a big Gordy fan, but he's trapped in this comfort zone that he won't leave. Yeah, he'll do a cd like Sings The Blues, but what does he do immediately after? An album called Jesus Christ's Mistress. Why? Because he knows juggalos and horrocore kids will eat it up and buy it up.

His first cd, The Entity, had a touch of horrorcore, but it was mostly just a really dark, really good hip hop cd. He tore shit apart on that. If he just made whatever music he was really feeling, it would be a much different product. It's not hard to tell that he's settling because he thinks he make a quick buck. Which, more power to him I guess, he's making a little bit of scratch, but one listen to his older stuff and you know he's capable of so much more.