Thread: So did anyone on here go to Tech's Independents day festival?

So did anyone on here go to Tech's Independents day festival?

Did anyone on here go to that festival Tech threw over the 3&4th of July. I thought it sounded fun but I wasnt in a position to travel to Montana. Was there a lot of people? I know Tech played both nights did he do different sets or the same thing two nights in a row? Any interesting collabo performances of the weekend?

Damn...Anyone?

wish i could have gone, but i too am curious as to how the show was

i asked the krizz, kutt, and stevie at the bismarck show on the 6th how the turnout was at the Independents festival...they made it sound like it wasnt too great...someone said the first day had a decent turnout but the 2nd night was lacking.

He did not hype this at all this was suppose to be Tech Gathering but seriously there was nothing

I figured it must not have been the best turn out when I made this thread and over 24 hours later not one person on Techs site seems to have gone. It did seem a little underpromoted but Im sure if you lived in Montana you would have seen more stuff about it. I feel like having it on the 4th of July weekend and in a place like Montana (IDK if tech has a big following there or what but I have no desire to travel to Montana) was maybe not the best idea and with it being right in the middle of his tour. Most of his fans are waiting for their hometown show so there is no real incentive to make a road trip. Thats why I was curious if Tech at least did something special like play two totally different set cause that would be worth the trip for sure.

I think if hes gunna do something like this, Not to sound cliche' but Kansas City IS in the MIDDLE and Its where He's from...They could do it where theyt do Rockfest or something, or even Sandstone. Starlight, whereever doesnt matter. I just think itd be more convenient for everyone on the east and west coasts. Hell even north and south. It would be about the same distance for everyone. even Denver since its somewhat close..Just my opinion..If he's gunna do it, put it somewhere near the middle

I live in helena and got to peep it the first night, pretty legit. Surprised I passed over this thread and didn't notice it. I have a feeling they made a decent amount of $$ on merch etc. cause I just saw 7 dudes in walmart rocking strange gear. Never seen a person rock strange gear here so that was a shocker. Lol but we just got a huge new venue and I'm sure that's part of why they came. They're paying pretty good money to book people lately, like we had 303 and nelly through jade presents too. Helena is the capital of MT and I'm sure some politics and whatnot were involved in getting money for shit, cause it's a public venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    I'm guessing this spot in Montana was the closest available spot to hold a big enough festival during the holidays...no idea though. That's the only reason I can think of why this place was chosen. I think Tech has a fairly large following there, but Montana isnt exactly the greatest vacation spot for 4th of July weekend

couldnt have said it better myself especially since im from massachusetts so theres no way i could make it to montana and i dk if it was supposed to be a more local thing cuz he barely hyped it up

Quote Originally Posted by Justin916
    I figured it must not have been the best turn out when I made this thread and over 24 hours later not one person on Techs site seems to have gone. It did seem a little underpromoted but Im sure if you lived in Montana you would have seen more stuff about it. I feel like having it on the 4th of July weekend and in a place like Montana (IDK if tech has a big following there or what but I have no desire to travel to Montana) was maybe not the best idea and with it being right in the middle of his tour. Most of his fans are waiting for their hometown show so there is no real incentive to make a road trip. Thats why I was curious if Tech at least did something special like play two totally different set cause that would be worth the trip for sure.

yeah I really don't think they were expecting a nation wide turnout. Trav is a smart fuckin business man, and this made most sense based on $$ offered, where they were etc. Tech was lookin to just chill out and kick it if you peeped the interview about it. Everybody wants to chill on the 4th, not a work day lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryan sugrue
    couldnt have said it better myself especially since im from massachusetts so theres no way i could make it to montana and i dk if it was supposed to be a more local thing cuz he barely hyped it up

Quote Originally Posted by Justin916