Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Homophobia in the Hip-Hop Community, Your thoughts, Tech?

Homophobia in the Hip-Hop Community, Your thoughts, Tech?

Hip-Hop is notoriously tough on the gay community, which I've honestly always found kind of strange. Anyways, with the recent public support for same sex marriage shown in sports and in the media, it seems that acceptance and support in the hip-hop community is just a matter of time.

Tech, your lyrics are all about dealing with rejection, sorrow, strife, feelings of not-belonging, being rejected by your peers, etc. Additionally, a lot of your songs focus on inner strength, being yourself, telling people who don't accept you to 'go fuck themselves' (FTI). I'm curious to hear your feelings on the whole matter.

I feel this is a topic most rappers refuse to talk about, but as someone who values truth and honesty, I figure it would be pretty cool for you to be one of the first rappers to talk about it.

All the best,

Chris H.

you said

with the recent public support for same sex marriage shown in sports and in the media.

fuck the indusry.

the word gay means being happy. this nation has gotten every one labeling them as that i think its wrong. being a fag is retarded and or a psychological problem, not happiness. but if thats what some people are, they should just be what they are, and shut up about it. in the Bible, God uses the word hate toward those type of men and women. how ever he does not kill or punish them for just being gay, he destroys Sodom and Gomorrah because of the publics acceptance of the behavior and the public display of the sickness.

tech says; in keep on keepin on(one of my top favorites)

"the sun and moon falls on you Sodom and Gomorrian, Gregorian chanting, Rupals/ extreme case of blue balls cuz you bane/ got fruit all, in his vains what i'm sayin is i will reign, murder you all, in his name."

i do not give a shit about gay marriage, if thats your life choice than go ahead n be that way, i dont hate gay ppl

happy marriages are good, and happy ppl are too. but homo's should, shut the fuck up about tthere rights, die, and or all move to Thailand. i don't hate any individual. but i would kill the shit out of sum poop pushin man lovers, as a group. =/ sorry thats the evil in me.

gay marriage should never be legal

this

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Mestes
    i do not give a shit about gay marriage, if thats your life choice than go ahead n be that way, i dont hate gay ppl

why would you hate them. aren't like all your friends fag? lol sorry lil buddy i couldn't resist lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    this

i concur

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    gay marriage should never be legal

1. terrible joke is terrible

2. can you read? nowhere in Gareth's post does it say anything about hating them

Quote Originally Posted by Your Local_Ghetto Superman

why would you hate them. aren't like all your friends fag? lol sorry lil buddy i couldn't resist lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    this

this