Thread: 4 all the mainstream talk...............................

4 all the mainstream talk...............................

Tech will never go Mainstream!!!!!

Jimmy Jam and Terry gave him the chance back in 94........... he didn't do it then, he won't do it now or ever.

But.......

He will lead them to what he's doing, as we can see happening now.

Only took 17 years...... next stop...........

Grammyville.

What will everyone think when he's on prime time??

GET READY, the future is now!!!!!

1) nothing is wrong with mainstream, it's really just another word for popular

2) They didn't necessarily give him the chance. They didn't do anything with him, well rather the label didn't.

i hurd tek 9 sold out

Sold out shows..... yes.

why do people always talk down on mainstream or underground or whatever. its either good music or its not. mainstream or underground

God I swear if I see anymore threads on "Tech wont go mainstream, mainstream will go Tech" or "Fuck man, Tech's going mainstream" or anything like that I'm gonna fuckin' snap. Excuse the bitching, I know it doesnt help, just bumps the thread, but what's the difference, ppl feed the trolls 'n bump away anyway, ugh... since I'm gonna bitch might as well put my 2 cents in.... like someone said earlier, mainstream isn't really a sound, at least to me it's not. It just means you signed a deal to get on radio, probably giving up creative rights, etc. Tech isn't doing that, he's doing and has been doing it all on his own. The more people that notice Tech the faster he spreads. I've watched his FB likes spike from 180,000 to 1,000,000 in about a year, biggest jump happened around Bad Season. People keep bringing this "mainstream" argument up as if we forgot Tech was getting attention or that the subject itself was getting brought up everyday. All it does it keep the trolls trolling, the anti-Mainstream headed people bitching, the pro-exposure people bitching at the ppl bitching, 'n ppl like me who comment one time when it's first brought up, then stay quiet when 50 more threads arise about it 'n force me to bitch about the ppl bitching and the ppl bitching at the ppl bitching. 'N guess what? I'm just gonna get bitched at for this.

I can't believe you guys are still saying this retarded shit after OGMP, if that wasn't a desperate attempt for mainstream attention then i've never heard one. Over the past year or so Tech has definitely switched his up to have a more mainstream feel. I know you guys feel like you're special for being a Tech fan longer, but what the fuck have you been listening to? I mean come on, he did a mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid for fuck's sake.

I'm not talking down on Tech at all so don't get confused like you usually do, but he isn't revolutionizing anything. Stop acting like he's changing the fucking world.

Quote Originally Posted by twizzy1

tech wont go main stream the main stream will go tech.

It's not like he asked to do the mixtape with Whoo Kid. XXL nearly begged him to drop a mixtape and proceeded to throw him in the mix with one of the hottest DJs in the game. I'm glad it happened, not one complaint from me. What I'm saying is that they reached their hand out to him and he intelligently accepted. He wasn't swinging from XXL's nuts trying to get free promotion and album sales. His ever growing popularity made a blip on their radar and what they discovered in him was true genuine talent. He deserves to be showcased in the spotlight. Everyone has their personal preference but I really don't see how you take TGMP as "a desperate attempt for mainstream attention". Did it sound drastically different from much of Tech's previous material? Completely, but change doesn't necessarily equal bad. A true artist is able to write their life through their music while maintaining a complete sense of reality within it at the same time. When Tech finally reached the level of success that he'd been dreaming of his entire life I honestly hope that true fans would be able to respect and support him creating a work of art describing how he feels within that timeframe and state of mind. Would you rather have Tech continue writing lyrics about being strung out on a multitude of drugs while being shunned by the industry? If he were to do so the content wouldn't be real which in essence wouldn't be Tech seeing as how his art stays true to his life through thick and thin. Obviously he will continue to face new struggles that are to come thus venting his pain. That's just life, plain and simple. But at least let the man enjoy the shine he's receiving in the way he feels is right without making false accusations of his intentions based on your personal opinions that aren't backed by any solid facts at all. Plus he dedicated the project to Kansas City with an enormous anthem to match. Every city has it's blockbuster album that somewhat defines their Hip-Hop culture and way of life. Los Angeles has Chronic 2001, All Eyez On Me, and Doggy. New York has Life After Death, Illmatic, and Capital Punishment. Now Kansas City has TGMP to go nicely along with the other many ics released by Tech. Instead of complaining and making stupid assumptions just be happy for him and enjoy the music.

NUFF SAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktion.

I can't believe you guys are still saying this retarded shit after OGMP, if that wasn't a desperate attempt for mainstream attention then i've never heard one. Over the past year or so Tech has definitely switched his up to have a more mainstream feel. I know you guys feel like you're special for being a Tech fan longer, but what the fuck have you been listening to? I mean come on, he did a mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid for fuck's sake.

I'm not talking down on Tech at all so don't get confused like you usually do, but he isn't revolutionizing anything. Stop acting like he's changing the fucking world.

Quote Originally Posted by twizzy1

tech wont go main stream the main stream will go tech.