Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne a waste of good talent

Tech N9ne a waste of good talent

Has anyone seen this review for his canuck the industry tour show?
    i came across this from another site.
    heres the link to the site the review came from

http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_north/...122532004.html

WARNING there will be alot of head shaking and sighing while reading this lol

Ruth Lloyd
    Black Press
    Tech N9ne puts on an awesome show, marred fatally by one thing - pathetic irony.
    Following an incredible dressed-down and very physical opening performance by last-minute addition Swollen Members, Tech N9ne hit the crowd at the CN Centre on Saturday with his trademark grand entrance, face paint and technical rap to strong beats.
    Truly talented, Aaron Dontez Yates (Tech N9ne is his stage name) is not only a great musical talent, but he is also a gifted performer, genius speed-rapper and a pretty phenomenal dancer.
    But he is painfully lacking in one thing, and that is self-awareness.
    Or perhaps his obsessive narcissism is blinding him to reality.
    An African-American man from Kansas City, Yates has the words "LIBERATE ME" tattooed on his forearms, "LIBERATE" on his right "ME" on the left, both in giant letters.
    Yet this man, with all his talent, power and energy, is an oppressor.
    Radical statement, yes, but sadly true.
    Okay, so he's a rapper and rappers sing about sex and women, I get that.
    I also get a lot of the hip-hop culture involves a certain attitude towards women, but while there are plenty of hip-hop artists who have risen above this stereotypical approach, Tech N9ne brings it down to another level.
    And the saddest thing about it all to me was during the show when after encouraging very young women in the audience (age range of audience probably 16 to 25, with many of the women being in the lower range) to flash their breasts and using his microphone and tongue to make graphic gestures at some women, Yates also told us all he has a 16-year-old daughter.
    Nice world he is building for her, with songs like Bitch Sickness, Psycho Bitch, I'm a Playa, and the lovingly titled My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl.
    And 'bitch' isn't just a word he uses for emphasis.
    Yates goes into detail about nasty things he does to any number of them, in one song he holds himself back from killing her, and just puts her in the trunk instead. Hmmm.
    While you can dismiss this tough talk all you want as meaningless gangster props, Tech N9ne takes it up a notch and does demos.
    During his set, Yates had one young woman brought up on stage to sit in a chair while he sang the words "I love it when you suck my ****" and "you put the whore in hormones" from the song Seven Words, strokes his mic, then straddles her.
    Sure, she played along, and it looked like she thought it was an honour, but isn't that really the problem?
    Now what kind of society views half of itself as predator, half as sexual prey objects?
    During "I'm a Playa", two more young women were brought up on stage to dance around while Yates sang and then they were ushered summarily off, a little eye candy.
    Another young woman in the audience asking for Yates to give her his tie said he would only give it to a girl who "was of age and could do amazing things for it".
    I guess you have to give the guy credit for not being a pedophile.
    Good work, Tech N9ne, you're doing wonders for your daughter's future.
    I might sound like a rap-hater, but I still give Yates full marks for his skill and artistry, he truly did put on an amazing show. I just couldn't help feeling sickened by his message, and the impact it was obviously having on the young audience.
    If you don't believe me, consider the fact that just before his set there was a fight amongst three girls in the audience, leaving one young woman unconscious on the floor amidst the crowd in front of the stage.
    The injured girl was taken out by paramedics, but only after a group of about six large security guards managed to get the concert-goers to leave their positions in front of the stage long enough for the paramedics to get her out to the ambulance.
    Inspirational stuff, Tech N9ne. Talk about talent wasted.

''I guess you have to give the guy credit for not being a pedophile.'' <------- WTF lol

BITCH prolly aint got no teeth and tech didnt want a gummy from her so she was hatin

Wow

this is certainly one way of looking at it. im a huge tech fan, but i cant even say the dude who wrote this is incorrect. however i do think he dug too deep within tech n9ne's lyrics and placed them against the rest of the world as if he's Obama. The bottom line is Tech n9ne is an MC not a savior. He writes what he know: his life.

i have to agree with this young man

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Wade
    this is certainly one way of looking at it. im a huge tech fan, but i cant even say the dude who wrote this is incorrect. however i do think he dug too deep within tech n9ne's lyrics and placed them against the rest of the world as if he's Obama. The bottom line is Tech n9ne is an MC not a savior. He writes what he know: his life.

ya for real ^^ this isnt the president hes an entertainer

* a woman wrote it

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Wade

this is true but I think liberate me means to him means someone help me change.Tech admits hes a bit of a fuck up. he knows the way he is with women is why he aint got a wife. see this ring and suicide letters for further explanation lol

...and here's a rebuttal from the woman Tech brought on stage (as mentioned in the previous article). If the original piece made Tech look like a "demon," this one makes him look like an "angel" lol

Rebuttal