Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lynch May or May Not Re-Sign with Strange

Lynch May or May Not Re-Sign with Strange

According to this interview Lynch says he has already been offered a new contract but when asked whether he will re-sign or continue to work on his own label Madesicc Muzicc, he said "Definitely, I'm still going to work on Madesicc. But I dunno-I haven't [decided yet]-I'm trying to see what numbers this Mannibalector gets, you know, before I try and make a choice."

I personally am a huge Lynch fan and really hope he re-signs but I fear he may not in order to expand his own label. Although to me, it seems like at this point in his career he would want the safety of staying with a larger, successful indie label (Strange Music) that he already knows supports him 100%.

i Agree you would think he would want a larger label's safety but he is one of strange's artists who doesnt do alot so that could be the reason (i.e touring with tech and such)

If he wants to expand the brand of madesick, seems to me the best thing for him to do is remain on strange. Considering its the 1indie label and all.

I was under the impression he already re-signed. Hm.

strange music is the number one indie today. not the number one indie of all time. your obviously not old enough to remember no limit. Ghetto D went 3x plat. it took tech like 8 albums combined to sell just a million units.

edit, i miss read. i thought you said of all time, oh well...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark

If he wants to expand the brand of madesick, seems to me the best thing for him to do is remain on strange. Considering its the 1indie label and all.

Yea, I also heard he was resigned already... I believe someone here posted a twitter conversation where someone tweeted him asking if he was resigning with Strange and he said "yea" or something. Maybe im crazy or the person faked the convo, or Lynch was sure of his decision at the time and now is unsure.

Either way I think he needs to finish his career out on Strange and can still expand his label for his Madesicc crew and than manage as CEO of that label when he retires from rapping.

I hope he stays for at least one additional (2, if I'm pushing it) album. I'd like to see what Lynch can do without the constrictions of the movie theme. A Lynch/Strange album where he can do go anywhere with the album is interesting to me. Feature and song subject wise, he could grab anyone and not worry about it being within the movie theme, etc.

Y'all know what I'm saying...

waiting for the numbers on Mannibalector? I get he wants to do his thing but without Strange I doubt he'll even get on the Billboards with Madesicc

No Limit had a distribution deal with priority records.. Strange is 100% independent.

Quote Originally Posted by ?????? ?

strange music is the number one indie today. not the number one indie of all time. your obviously not old enough to remember no limit. Ghetto D went 3x plat. it took tech like 8 albums combined to sell just a million units.

Twizzy is probably 12

Quote Originally Posted by ?????? ?