Thread: Hey guys, check out some of my music if you haven't already, opinions encouraged! (Harsh or not)

Hey guys, check out some of my music if you haven't already, opinions encouraged! (Harsh or not)

Hey man, sorry I replied so late, but anyways; Awesome songs, as always. I always loved the "Marathon Man" beat, I mean, I was seriously even listening to the song before listening to yours hahah. Also, something I feel you could really benefit from is something that Tech (as well as many other rappers) do, which is to rap in a certain tone (like singing), while almost whispering. It's pretty hard to explain, so I'll just leave an example: http://youtu.be/0cSOjO84-EI?t=3m14s (The way Tech raps from 3:14 to 3:28). I know this isn't easy at all to do, and I'm refering to the of rapping rather than the flow with Tech has, since it's like impossible to match. Anyways I feel like you could use this for some of your Choruses, for example, I feel the Narcotic Party chorus would have sounded even better with that effect.

Anyways, your songs are still dope man, keep it up. Also, good for you for quitting drugs and good luck for the future too.

Thanks for the input man! I've been actively searching for more elements to add to my chorus/hooks so I'll give that a try and implement it into my next song or 2. Do u think I should re do the narcotic party chorus? Or is it still cool the way it sounds? Like its still pleasing to the ear right? And thank you very much man, always encouraging to hear (or read) someone tellin me I'm doin the right thing by quitting. Appreciate the input and the kind words, I'll keep the songs comin!

No problem man, I enjoy giving you advice and watching you get better! And I'm still looking forward for your next songs. Anyways, regarding the Narcotic Party chorus; it's cool and still pleasing to the ear, obviously, but in my opinion, the only downside is that it sounds similar to the verses, you know? So I think that you should give it a try and sing it like I said before, at least to just see how it sounds (don't delete the original version tho). Then, you can compare how they both sound and decide which one sounds better, and keep that one. You could send me the song with the new chorus and I could help you decide, too. But in the end, it all comes down to which one you prefer, I'm just giving advice. So good luck man!