Thread: WHEN THE HELL IS XXL OR THE SOURCE GONNA GIVE TECH N9NE (OR STRANGE) A COVER??

WHEN THE HELL IS XXL OR THE SOURCE GONNA GIVE TECH N9NE (OR STRANGE) A COVER??

I'm not sure what else Tech has to prove to these guys!!! Just like Maxim seems to just be recycling all the old actresses/models for covershots, XXL & The Source seems to wanna put some re-tread fading stars (Baby) semi-stars (Lupe Fiasco) or the ring tone rap star of the moment (Soulja Boy) on their covers. I realize both these mags have given some nice feature stories & album reviews for Strange, but isn't 10+ years of being the #1 Independent Rapper in the WORLD enough to warrant a XXL/Source magazine cover for Tech???

i agree it angers me everyday. I saw a front cover that said t.i next tupac thats complete bullshit, t.i sucks. im like until they put tech or someone actually cool or underground on the cover i'm not buying that magazine.

I'd love to see this happen in the near future, and actually have hopes that it will. Murder Dog came through for both Tech and Krizz in the past and I think it's long overdue for Tecca Nina to finally grace the cover of either of the majors. Shit you know how epic it would be for him to land a Rolling Stone cover someday! That's how you know you're finally fucking certified right there haha. Just food for thought.

I agree it would be tight to see on XXL or Source

Quote Originally Posted by A-Mac
    I'd love to see this happen in the near future, and actually have hopes that it will. Murder Dog came through for both Tech and Krizz in the past and I think it's long overdue for Tecca Nina to finally grace the cover of either of the majors. Shit you know how epic it would be for him to land a Rolling Stone cover someday! That's how you know you're finally fucking certified right there haha. Just food for thought.

I hear what you're sayin' about T.I. "Goliath", he Jay-Z, 50 Cent & Kanye always wanna compare themselves to Tupac. They all have had #1 albums debut on Billboard, have part ownership in their labels, started movements, inspired copycats & each have a strong online prescence. BUT YOU CAN SAY THE EXACT SAME THING ABOUT TECH!!! It just absolutely kills me that since Tech officially became the #1 selling Independent rapper in the world in late 07'/early 08', Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, Hurricane Chris, Birdman, Lupe Fiasco, Wiz Kalifa & Nicki Minaj (not even gonna mention some of the "Freshman" who've made they annual XXL issue) are all worthy of XXL/Source cover but Tech apparently is not.....

Does this TRTN side article "
    [h2]

mean that we're finally gonna get Tech N9ne or Strange Music XXL cover???

I hate how Rolling Stone will hardly even aknowledge Tech existence. When All6s$7s debuted at 4 on billboard they put a little sentance about it being his highest charting release ever but that was it. No review of the album, no article on Tech taking over the music industry and all the big names wanting to work with him or even just be cool with him. Shit theyve had like 3 different things about Odd Future in the months since they broke out and did a review for Goblin but they still wanna act like Tech aint shit cause despite his success he isnt mainstream enough or something for them to fuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Thunder

XXL will do it before The Source

I agree with wanting Tech on the cover but uh...

Baby a fading star? Sorry dude, like him or not, the dude is at the top of his game right now. He runs Cash Money, which basically owns Young Money, which has a roster full of some of the biggest stars today. Drake, Nicki, and Wayne probably the biggest names in their own specific genre of hip-hop. And Lupe a semi-star? Dude just released one of the biggest albums of his career and has been all over. Lupe is a lot more popular than Tech, so of course his face will sell more copies than Tech's. Regardless, I do agree that Tech needs to be on the cover of something.