Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All 6's and 7's Album Vs. The Gates Mixed Plate (What you think will be the outcome for the new album and your thoughts on the last one)

All 6's and 7's Album Vs. The Gates Mixed Plate (What you think will be the outcome for the new album and your thoughts on the last one)

I Think the gates mixed plate was actually a pretty decent album and i still bump it since its release date. All the songs in my opinion were well written and had that energetic vibe that the N9ne is known for. I've also heard the snippets for All 6's and 7's and must say, it sounds like its about to be full entirely of nothing but energy and pure fucking awesomeness, what are your all's opinions?

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of TGMP. I felt that it had strokes of brilliance surrounded by above average music. I just felt that a lot of the songs lacked depth. Every time I listen to a Tech album, I expect nothing short of perfection. Simply because that's what I am used to from him. I listened to the snippets and some of the songs made my fucking jaw drop, no exaggeration. But i'm also not a fan of dubstep so we'll see how Technicians is. In the end, I say A6A7>>>TGMP but i'll have to really listen to the album before I can give a solid opinion on which I prefer (considering A6A7 hasn't even come out yet).

I agree with you, as much as people didn't like mixed plate I thought it was pretty average album, but after hearing just the snippets for 6s and 7s I think this album will murder gates mixed plate, but we will see when the album comes out

I wasn't at all saying their would be competition between these 2 albums, i just meant what are your opinions on both of them because i expect that A6A7 will murder the other albums just because Tech and the strange crew always out do their previous albums

Well I completely disagree with you on that. I feel like TGMP is one of his worst albums. For me, Celsius and TGMP are the two worst he's put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas alan Price
    I wasn't at all saying their would be competition between these 2 albums, i just meant what are your opinions on both of them because i expect that A6A7 will murder the other albums just because Tech and the strange crew always out do their previous albums

I have a feeling that all 6s n 7s will stay on my ipod....I forget about the mixplate sometimes...lol its by far my least tech collab album n album period. But if ur gnna compare it it shuld b to K.O.D. since that's his last actual solo album. N his solo shit is ALWAYS on another level then the collabs. I'm actually pretty pumped for 6s n 7s

I like TGMP, but I think 6's & 7's is gonna be 10x's better. I mean it's gonna be one of Tech's best albums. Even the skits are sick as fuck. I liked every song on that album by the snips this is gonna be a good year for Tech. It's gonna rape Hell: The Sequel.

The gates had a lottla half assed collaber verses, Tech, Kriz, Kutt, Irv and a few others were solid, but then there were others that just didn't click ; there were some hard ass songs (Harvey Dent being a fav, as well as Far Out), but in total the CD was just as you said, decent (at most). And mostly Strange drops greatness, so it was a huge disappointment. Not many standouts.

I think All 6's and 7's is gonna kill it, it'd be Hard Pressed to top Anghellic and KOD; but it's got a chance, if it doesn't top 'em, I think it'll come in 3rd.

Papper, Loud, and Jumpin' Jax where pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike

The gates had a lottla half assed collaber verses, Tech, Kriz, Kutt, Irv and a few others were solid, but then there were others that just didn't click ; there were some hard ass songs (Harvey Dent being a fav, as well as Far Out), but in total the CD was just as you said, decent (at most). And mostly Strange drops greatness, so it was a huge disappointment. Not many standouts.

I think All 6's and 7's is gonna kill it, it'd be Hard Pressed to top Anghellic and KOD; but it's got a chance, if it doesn't top 'em, I think it'll come in 3rd.

i actually loved TGMP however i can tell just by the few songs i have heard off 6s and 7s that it will murder. Now put up against K.O.D. im not sure yet. i will have to spin the whole album first.