Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macklemore?

Macklemore?

For anyone who isn't sure, or just doesn't like Macklemore, check this song out, I used to think he was a one hit wonder/gimmick/lame ass backpack rapper. Until I heard this song, then I realized HOLY SHIT this guy can snap.

http://youtu.be/9RwW6ERgpvo

This song is the main reason I'm actually excited to hear him on "Something Else".

If you think he's a one hit wonder do yourself a favor and listen to The Hiest in ots entirety. By far one of the best hip hop albums last year. And by the way Thrift Shop is probably by far the worst track on the album, though I honestly liked it before the radio got their hands on it. If you really wanna hear some good shit check out his video or DL the track cqlled "otherside(Remix)" I would post a link but Im on my phone. I personally think its one of his best songs ever! If u cant tell Im a huge fan but hes got a lot to say and a really positive message that hip hop needs more of.

Oh no I know, thats what I USED to think, after I heard this bought the Heist, blew my mind, now I've got all his stuff I think, The Unplanned Mixtape, VS., VS Redeux, and Language of My People, this post was just to get anyone who thought like I used to to give him a fair listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin916
    If you think he's a one hit wonder do yourself a favor and listen to The Hiest in ots entirety. By far one of the best hip hop albums last year. And by the way Thrift Shop is probably by far the worst track on the album, though I honestly liked it before the radio got their hands on it. If you really wanna hear some good shit check out his video or DL the track cqlled "otherside(Remix)" I would post a link but Im on my phone. I personally think its one of his best songs ever! If u cant tell Im a huge fan but hes got a lot to say and a really positive message that hip hop needs more of.

Macklemore is a boss

agree with thrift shop being the weakest track on their for me Jimmy Iovine is my shit

Quote Originally Posted by Justin916

Y'all need to check out his pre-thrift shop releases, all dope

Yea the Unplanned mixtape is so dope! probably my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Y'all need to check out his pre-thrift shop releases, all dope

Hes definitely not the best from Seattle but that's whats up gettin on a track with tech