Thread: Does anyone like Swollen Members?

Does anyone like Swollen Members?

So the only time I ever really listened to these guys was that "bollywood chick" song with tech n9ne and I didnt care for it plus they from canada so I never paid them much mind lol. But I just heard their new cd daggermouth and HOLY FUCK its some of the dopest shit ive ever heard. I know they been around for days so I know someone will probably talk shit for me just gettin into them but I never really hear anyone on here talk bout em so I was wondering if anyone else is into this shit. And if you havent heard it check out that daggermouth cd its amazing.

Idk i like bollywood chick cuz the veats dope n tech killed it, not really a big fan of canadian hip hop artists not sure y, (could b y i dislike drake) but im also not a fan of most of sub noize, potlucks tight kmk is aight i liked richters album hed pe is dope n i dont even like that type of music but other than that sib noize is just kinda, eh to me, like it doesnt matter

I agree most subnoize artists are kinda mediocre to me since they dropped Xclan, potluck is pretty cool and now they got saigon whos legit. Thats kinda what I liked most about this SM cd is it doesnt really remind me of any other shit on their label its some real hip hop shit which is not real subnoize .

I have 3 different Swollen Members albums being Black Magic, Daggermouth, and Armed To The Teeth. They have plenty more which I'm planning on checking into just haven't been able yet. Black Magic isn't just my favorite Swollen Members album available but also my favorite Hip-Hop album to ever be pressed out of Canada entirely. I consider Black Magic a solidified ic in my book. I enjoyed Daggermouth also, much better than Armed To The Teeth in my opinion. Armed To The Teeth was without a doubt Swollen Members' weakest effort yet and I'm pretty positive it has to do with the fact they signed with Suburban Noize and became more party oriented in their music for that album, probably to appeal to that demographic of fans. Is it right? No it sucks. Did it happen? You can bet your ass it did. I did still enjoy a few songs off Armed To The Teeth though including Kyla, Bollywood Chick, Meltdown, My Life, and Crossfire. So overall it wasn't a horrible cut but there were enough bad songs to disappoint especially when we're talking about Mad Child and Prevail here. I also have heard their Greatest Hits album which is an insane mash up of pure madness. If you're not up on Swollen Members by now you definitely should be. They have just about a little bit of everything for everyone.

Ya I didnt hate bollywood chick it just wasnt really my and ya the whole subnoize thing probably was a turn off but know Im kicking myself cause I should have been all over this I love this true hip hop shit thats so far and few between all the bullshit nowadays. I been checking out a lot of various old shit of theirs and I agree that black magic is some raw shit too.