Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Problem

A Problem

As Everyone knows Tech N9ne has been improving on the billboard charts as of late on his LPs.

All 6s and 7s was #4 on the charts on its opening week. And with the hype "Some Thing Else" should sell as many if not more.

But a problem has came http://vimeo.com/62274811#

Wale's album "The Gifted" Releases on the same day! And since he is with MMG he will get more publicity then Tech and may stay on top of the charts above tech.

I DONT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN Wale is talented yes but he is nowhere near Tech's level.

I dont know what to do but hope for a pushback so Something else can get some publicity.

didn't Wale outchart All 6s and 7s? or was that WTSL

Does Wale even sell that much? I totally forgot about that guy.

Ambition was #2 when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by ???

Does Wale even sell that much? I totally forgot about that guy.

tech could always push his album up like two weeks. Hell who's to say wale's album won't get pushed back?

Album sales don't prove shit. Who cares if Wale out sells Tech. Of course Tech deserves it and we would all rather have Tech get the #1 rap album/#1 album over all. It's good competition. You can't just hand Tech the #1 album. Go out and buy 50,000 copies if you don't want this to happen.

^ this. I don't really think it matters what the charts say.

carter 3 came out when killer did
    who cares

walle pays a company tech's goes to his owned label

This for real. Who gives a fuck. Honestly at this point Tech is pretty much as big as he's going to get. That is OK and shouldn't matter to fans. Maybe it's just cause I live in Sacto which has always been a big fan base for him bu I really don't know anyone who doesn't at least know who he is anymore. Doesn't mean they all are fans but he's waaaaaaaay beyond being this underground secret you have to be in the know about. Fact of the matter is a lot of mainstream fans dont like him. Ive met plenty of mainstream rap fans who give him props for having a dope flow and crazy speed, but his content is so dark and strange(I know horrible pun but seriously) that they just aren't feelin in. None of this matters to me as a fan and shouldn't to any of you either. Ya it would be cool to see him get that number 1 spot but really that has no effect on anything as far as the quality of his music or how much exposure he gets. He's been on Carter 4 and been on MTV2 a bunch last year and has the mainstream a6a7s features so Im pretty sure he won't ever start selling way more albums than he has recently. Just support your favorite artist and don't worry about who sells more albums. True Tech fans know whats up and don't need billboard to tell us how dope Tech is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

Album sales don't prove shit. Who cares if Wale out sells Tech. Of course Tech deserves it and we would all rather have Tech get the #1 rap album/#1 album over all. It's good competition. You can't just hand Tech the #1 album. Go out and buy 50,000 copies if you don't want this to happen.