Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortune Force Field Video Concept

Fortune Force Field Video Concept

I was advising myself against making this thread but decided fuck it so I'm gonna be THAT guy.

After listening to this track maybe a dozen times I thought of a cool music video idea that I'm guessing won't be used, but w/e.

For the video I'm thinking of having quite literally a large force field surrounding some "fortune" of sorts, maybe some black box with something valuable in it, but we get the symbolism involved there. Tech is on the outside of it alone, and the camera is zooming in from a long trail to where Tech's at while he's spitting. During the first verse and chorus it flashes back to Tech being in a dark area where he sees a light that resembles the force field we've already seen, and he moves towards it. While he's walking to it he sees a kid that looks like himself looking dazed and confused as to where he is (perhaps with some religious symbols to represent his upbringing), and Tech observes him as he walks past. Further down he sees a body of someone, and as the camera cuts to the body and goes back to Tech, we see him with face paint, with that scene representing the effect Brian Dennis had on him, and the face paint being a continuation of his legacy. (I think Siikez's idea of having the paint slowly form on his face after seeing Dennis' body is actually better).

Assuming this is around the chorus, we flash back to Tech in front of the force field now doing the chorus, now with a few people watching him from a distance. Out of sight from Tech and the spectators, we see some type of device above the field that is recording his voice, and it makes some type of progress bar that is closing into one side of the bar, showing that Tech is making his way to destroying the force field.

As it goes to the second verse, we have him still at the force field, and he's reciting his verse. We see images of him throughout the years, from his NNUTHOWZE days, to his priest outfit around Anghellic and his image in Absolute Power, and past footage from him throughout the years until now, like his Sickology facepaint, and his more depressed attitude around the KOD era. The crowd grows steadily throughout the verse, and perhaps there are signs of them cheering him on to show the loyalty of the fan base he's built. Closer to him are the artists on Strange watching him carefully, and the device recording his voice continues to show progress.

Assuming there is a third verse, I would have some type of representation of the issues he's faced with his mother's health, as well as his separation from his family due to his determination to break down the field. The crowd is clearly cheering Tech on, which the device above the field records and is the final push needed to open it and by the end of the verse the field dissolves. Tech walks up to whatever container holds the fortune, and finds w/e profound thing is supposed to b in there

Inb4tl;dr but I felt some people might be appreciative lol. In light of Tech's own explanations of the track, in essence the video is meant to reflect the struggles Tech went through in his life to get to where he is

thats actually a very dope idea i say lets get it to tech i am not being sarcastic either i actually would like to see a video like that

dopeness man thanks. If people actually like it I think some tweets might be in order. I don't have a Twitter though and I'm too lazy to bother :S

tl;dr

yeah im really diggin this concept. all music videos should be more artistic like this.

fasho would be dope

Quote Originally Posted by M???

tl;dr

That's pretty sick, it would be cool if when he see's Brian Dennis, it doesn't just cut back to Tech wearing facepaint, but the paint is applying itself to him as he's walking. If Tech could be looking towards Brian and the camera goes back to Brian every now and then to get the message across to people that aren't up on the history that Brian is the reason we see Tech in the paint to this day. Could be one of the dopest video moments, and deep as fuck.

SHIT IS DOPE

Love it all. hopefully someone that matters reads this and gets this idea to tech lol

Quote Originally Posted by ??? ?

That's pretty sick, it would be cool if when he see's Brian Dennis, it doesn't just cut back to Tech wearing facepaint, but the paint is applying itself to him as he's walking. If Tech could be looking towards Brian and the camera goes back to Brian every now and then to get the message across to people that aren't up on the history that Brian is the reason we see Tech in the paint to this day. Could be one of the dopest video moments, and deep as fuck.