Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Knock Madness Thoughts

  1. #1
    Senior Member ₡₱♛'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,216

    Knock Madness Thoughts

    Looks like the album thread got deleted because some goon posted a link. So leave your thoughts on the album here.


  2. #2
    Senior Member JasonF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145


    Its amazing. Honestly Album of the year for me, better than Techs

  3. #3


    I also REALLY like this fuckin album. Not one song I genuinely disliked. Hop's production has made great strides. its not my album of the year because Believers was that good to me, but its definitely in the top 5. This shits on MMLP2 I know THAT for sures haha. The Fiends are Knocking is an early favorite. as is I Need Help and Gimme That Money.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JasonF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    145


    I was thinking the same thing in regards to it being way better than MMLP2. Also I looooove the song I Need Help that is probably my top song in a star studded line-up

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

    I also REALLY like this fuckin album. Not one song I genuinely disliked. Hop's production has made great strides. its not my album of the year because Believers was that good to me, but its definitely in the top 5. This shits on MMLP2 I know THAT for sures haha. The Fiends are Knocking is an early favorite. as is I Need Help and Gimme That Money.

  5. #5


    Who's There, Jarren says "sufferin suckatash" LMAO. that fool fuckin cracks me up. he is just too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F

    I was thinking the same thing in regards to it being way better than MMLP2. Also I looooove the song I Need Help that is probably my top song in a star studded line-up

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

    I also REALLY like this fuckin album. Not one song I genuinely disliked. Hop's production has made great strides. its not my album of the year because Believers was that good to me, but its definitely in the top 5. This shits on MMLP2 I know THAT for sures haha. The Fiends are Knocking is an early favorite. as is I Need Help and Gimme That Money.

  6. #6
    I definitely like this album myself I think Jungle Bash SwizZz tears it up imo
    Fiends are Knocking is my favorite so far

  7. #7
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666


    I think the songs I liked on here generally have more replay value for me than the songs I liked on Raw did. That said I didn't hear anything that was on Nocturnal Rainbows' level production or lyrically. He did have content similar to it but musically it didn't astound me as much.


    That said, I thought Good Guys Left Behind was pretty wack. Nollie Tre Flip was boring imo, Gimme the Money wasn't a bad track but not my preference.


    Jungle Bash was ok. The rest of the album I enjoyed, even though Hop had some kind of corny elements here and there (mid you this is the first time I every called Hop corny) ie What's My Purpose "I hate humans, but I'm a human." Musically he made it sound pretty good, and I'm not that bothered by it, but I see why people would cringe at it.


    That all said, I think Hop's production really improved.


    Content wise it's not very different from Raw, but musically I enjoyed the fact he really tried to experiment with the hooks and whatnot, and you tell he tried hard to make a good album. I'll probably cop this album this week because I appreciate he put in the effort and made quite a few dope tracks imo


    I've been listening to Fiends Are Knocking, Who's There, Hip Hop Sinister, Still Got Love For You, I Need Help, Tear To Snow, Lunchtime Cypher (Passionate and G-Mo killed it), and Dream Forever a lot.

  8. #8
    Senior Member AndrewBlades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,018
    That's hilarious, this album is better than mmlp2. Sounds like a grade schoolers opinion.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    163


    Completely agree with all in bold although I just copped myself a pre-order in time after listening to the stream.


    Lyrically it isn't the best but there is a few really nice stand out tracks where his lyrics fit perfectly, there is also a few songs in my opinion that could have been cut.


    Overall after a few listens through I'm going to give the album 3.5/5. I can't give it any higher because even though I like and enjoy 90% of the tracks there are a fair few with little to no replay value e.g. Good Guys Get Left Behind.


    P.S. MMLP2 > KM

    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

    I think the songs I liked on here generally have more replay value for me than the songs I liked on Raw did. That said I didn't hear anything that was on Nocturnal Rainbows' level production or lyrically. He did have content similar to it but musically it didn't astound me as much.


    That said, I thought Good Guys Left Behind was pretty wack. Nollie Tre Flip was boring imo, Gimme the Money wasn't a bad track but not my preference.


    Jungle Bash was ok. The rest of the album I enjoyed, even though Hop had some kind of corny elements here and there (mid you this is the first time I every called Hop corny) ie What's My Purpose "I hate humans, but I'm a human." Musically he made it sound pretty good, and I'm not that bothered by it, but I see why people would cringe at it.


    That all said, I think Hop's production really improved.


    Content wise it's not very different from Raw, but musically I enjoyed the fact he really tried to experiment with the hooks and whatnot, and you tell he tried hard to make a good album. I'll probably cop this album this week because I appreciate he put in the effort and made quite a few dope tracks imo


    I've been listening to Fiends Are Knocking, Who's There, Hip Hop Sinister, Still Got Love For You, I Need Help, Tear To Snow, Lunchtime Cypher (Passionate and G-Mo killed it), and Dream Forever a lot.

  10. #10
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666


    idk how people can compare MMLP2 and Knock Madness other than the emceeing aspect. Content is nothing alike. Production is nothing alike. If anything Em's actual rapping is planets away out of Hop's league imo, but everything else you can't really compare the two albums specifically towards each other. I don't like comparing albums I liked, but since ya'll are talking about it, Bad Guy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 99% of the rap records released this year, including all of Knock Madness

Similar Threads

  1. Hopsin "Knock Madness Tour" Dates
    By AlexM in forum Tours and Shows
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 05:10 AM
  2. Tech N9ne on "Knock Madness"????Twitter
    By ErikCorona in forum Rumors
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 10:50 PM
  3. Tech freestyle Hard Knock TV (who do I catch verse)
    By AndrewBlades in forum Albums,Collabos and Tracks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 01:13 AM
  4. Hopsin's working on a new film titled "Knock Madness"
    By BrandonLanders in forum Dwamn!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
  5. THIS is how you knock someone out in a rap battle!
    By John Cramer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •