Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne's "Chea!"s

Tech N9ne's "Chea!"s

Ight im not sure if this has been established already, but last night i completely realized the importance of techs cheas in almost every verse. I've been writin a lot lately, and of course tech is my number one influence so I try to use some killer ass flows that only tech would could execute (hopefully ill be able to, too). Anyway, i began to realize i need to give my self spaces in certain spots to breath because in order to have such a powerful delivery as techs, you need that. But i realized that these gaps between bars sound horrible, unless of course theres a "CHEA" in there. If you think about almost any tech verse, if those cheas were absent the gaps would sound empty and take A LOT away from the power and intensity of the delivery.

SO, when i need to take a long pause for a breath, im still brainstorming on how to fill that gap without takin away from the tight rhythm of my flow.

SOrry for that long ass post, bitch about it all u want, i just wanted to get that off my mind cause i never realized the importance of those cheas hahahahahahahahaha

you got that right, man, but yeah just dont copy him and use chea as a gap filler. be creative

it would sound a little more like an average rapper, wouldnt kill it tho....the rrrrrrghhhhh and cha does give it more of a kick, its too dope

good post. It's funny because i listened to tech for a few years before I really noticed how much he did that, but ya its dope and it works, but its actually spelled chyuhh!

It sounds like its spelled like that or like "Cheah!!But apparently Tech spells it Cha!!As seen in the "O.G" video.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Hen
    good post. It's funny because i listened to tech for a few years before I really noticed how much he did that, but ya its dope and it works, but its actually spelled chyuhh!

damn thats smart you figured that out.

cuz whenever i try to follow his flow i can on a few songs but i always fuck it up and fall behind when i take a breathe.

yea foreal..ive been thinkin of what i could say or do there but havent come up with anything yet. the chea is way too perfect haha but dont worry id never use that. the next best thing i can think of is what Dalima does with that deep voice; cant do that either tho lol. maybe once i record my shit ill just feel it and come up with somethin

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLamons
    you got that right, man, but yeah just dont copy him and use chea as a gap filler. be creative

2:47 [CHaaaaaaaa]

but if you listen to all of them some distinctly start with a "j" sounds like "juh" or "Jah"

but who really cares tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LilCruNK303_T9cian
    It sounds like its spelled like that or like "Cheah!!But apparently Tech spells it Cha!!As seen in the "O.G" video.

songs with different vibes gotta different variation of it i think lol. but your right who cares it always sounds ill as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer

2:47 [CHaaaaaaaa]

but if you listen to all of them some distinctly start with a "j" sounds like "juh" or "Jah"

but who really cares tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LilCruNK303_T9cian