Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: on those tech comparisons

on those tech comparisons

Seen a lot of discussion on this site regarding Tech comparisons, but the one thing constant is the hate from people who disagree with those who have an opinion about another artist they feel is as good or better than Tech...

The point is, artist likeability is subjective, which is one thing I don't think a lot of Tech fans grasp outside of Strangeland. For example, I've been listening to Tech since 57 St. RDV era, but when I hear some dope shit, I can acknowledge it and appreciate it cuz I'm not just a Tech fan, I'm a hip-hop music fan. Yea I said it...I take off my Tech N9ne goggles when I feel like it...

So of course I expect people to ride for Tech all day all night (pun intended), but the amount of hate I see from some folks about other artists is crazy...the problem I see is people feel threatened their 'secret' is out the bag, so the immediate response is to trash (insert artist)...Eminem sux? Word? You know you got that Relapse CD and still bang it...it sold 4 mil! Some of yall bought it and liked it...

I love Tech (pause) , and if Tech is your favorite rapper, then be merry, we have a site dedicated to him where people can gossip about his shoe size, best verse, or whatever the fuck...but if you limit your hip hop listening to just Tech, then ur missing out on dope hip hop, mainstream AND underground. Maybe those people who have different opinions on Techs status as THE elite rapper in the game are destined to lose on this SITE, but watch out when u try to have a real discussion about raps greats cuz Strangeland is about to get a whole lot bigger with people who listen to other shit with this new album dropping...

Well put

"gossip about his shoe size"

tech wears size n9ne

agreed homie, and well said. I hate it when people become such huge fans of a particular genre or artist that they become blinded by the rest of music this world has to offer.. Beyond tech and yes even beyond hip hop their exists MORE MUSIC. When hip hop fans and artists alike open their eyes to this, then hip hop will go beyond just picking a beat and writing some bars. It will delve into the realm of real intstrument use, actual choires and "real" music no pun intended. Tech is one of the few bigger artists of the rap world to grasp this fact, and I hope 6s and 7s is the outcome.

i totally agree witch this shit, beqauze i also think that there are alot rappers witch lyrics as good as tech, or maybe better, but overall tech is still the best, mostly qauze he's flow, tbh i dont listen 24/7 tech, but i listen to all the real underground shit

This might be the best post I have seen on TRTN.

Do you have any reason to say "witch" instead of "with" and "beqauze" instead of "because"? Like, read that out loud to yourself? Do you realize how stupid it sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by bg
    i totally agree witch this shit, beqauze i also think that there are alot rappers witch lyrics as good as tech, or maybe better, but overall tech is still the best, mostly qauze he's flow, tbh i dont listen 24/7 tech, but i listen to all the real underground shit

another thing people dont realize is that "the best" will always be different to everyone for the simple fact that everyone has different, personal tastes when it comes to music. an artist can appeal to a person because of what they talk about and how they make that person feel, and to me personally, i like artists who relate to me and just because u are a completely different person than me and have completely different artists that appeal and talk more to you, doesnt mean you have to bash me for liking what i like. that applies to everyone. a big part of what makes a person like a certain artist is personal preferrance. thats the way its been since music started. now although i hate beiber if that is someones favorite artist, then that is their favorite artist and there is not a god damn thing i can do about it. be peaceful people!! us technicians all come from different musical backgrounds which is what makes us the most diverse. keep that in mind. much love

Why do people feel the need to point out the fact there are disagreements on this forum. It's obvious. No need to make a thread about it considering it's been done god knows how many times.

i love eminem more now, his music is way better now, cuz i dont have to be embarrased for blazin music with a guy yellin about gettin melested and nasty shit like that.