Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Here Read?

Anybody Here Read?

All through school I never particularly liked to read, and almost never did. But I picked a book up recently and have a small interest in it. Could just be a phase. But either way, does anybody here know of any good books?

As for appropriate books, my favorite is definitely The Great Gatsby.

If you ever want to read an extremely vulgar book and laugh your ass off, read any of Tucker Max's books. His 3 books are "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell", "Assholes Finish First" and "Hilarity Ensues" (he also has a free ebook called "Sloppy Seconds" with the stories that aren't as interesting/funny). They're all about the craziest moments in his life, and since he's an alcoholic with a great sense of humor, there are a lot of moments that he has to share.

I never thought I'd enjoy reading, but it's a lot of fun if you find the right books.

What do you like to read about?

I read all the lord of the rings and the hobbit when I was younger.

I have read alot of nelson demille books. he write about a cia detective named john corey - they are suspensful. i couldnt put them down.

The Wu-tang Manual written by RZA is a good read too.

I guess it depends on what your interests are/ there are tons of books out there

Yes I Do... My most favorite books i have read:

The Demonata by Darren Shan {10 Books}

The Skinjackers by Neal Shusterman {3 LONG Books}

Swim The Fly by Don Calame

Best book I've ever read is Tuesdays With Morrie. I hated reading when I read that (and still do). But I didn't put it down till i finished it, literally. Plus, I've read it maybe 3 times. It's an amazing book in my opinion

Looks like this'll be my go to list for some time. Thanks for taking the time.

If you can stomach a longer novel, I'd try Stephen King's The Green Mile. It's about 1000 pages, but it's a great read. Adapted into a movie starring Tom Hanks as well. If you're into horror/suspense/thriller, King has a ton of books based on these. Alot of well known horror films, and general movies as well, have been written by him: The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, It, Misery, Salem's Lot, Carrier, Pet Sematary, Under the Dome, The Shining. The list goes on and on. Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd add my two cents to the mix. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shane

Looks like this'll be my go to list for some time. Thanks for taking the time.