Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mainstream Hate?

Mainstream Hate?

I've always listened to underground and never really took the time to listen to mainstream stuff. I've heard black and yellow, and some other stuff but I didn't listen to them cause of the beat. But to the point, whats the reason you guys hate mainstream rappers? Is it just the DJ's or is it the rappers themself?

To my knowledge rappers don't like the people that actually run the music industry cause they don't let you say what you want and you can only make the type of music they want you to.

No hate on my low knowledge on the topic.

its not the djs or the rappers...its the record labels...i can name a few rappers that got fucked over...chamillionaire..he was suppose to drop an album on universal months ago but they kept pushin it back..so he left universal...i have no hate for mainstream..i like to expand my thoughts on music..i dont listen to underground or tech n9ne only...i actually do enjoy sum lil wayne his new track john was fuckin sick...the beat is ill..wiz, waka, gucci..i listen to them guys to..just not as much as tech n9ne

What you say is true mate, it's really bad what the mainstream does. And ^^^^ is correct, labels can be a real bitch with this kinda shit. I think if the rappers could do what they want, they'd be so much more dope rather than these dolls moulded up lol. Mainstream music is alright... but it's not hard to do yourself and, except for a few artists, there's not much substance in their work. That's why it's always about Independant Queens (or Dollars in your case lol) man, you can do whatever you want because the risk is ALL on you lol.

I think that most mainstream rappers talk about shit that doesn't make sense. Like swag and all that.

And not to single out Lil Wayne, but i think that when he 'raps', he doesn't even rap, he just talks. Rappers like Chamillionaire rap.

Also, some people hate the mainstream because they're on the radio, and the radio either plays the same song 150 times in a day, or when they say they're a 'rap' station, they got music like Rihanna and Lady Gaga.

And people hate that one song can make a so-called 'rapper' big. Like Black and Yellow, before that, 'who the hell is Wiz Khalifa?' Now, everyone's like black and yellow black and yellow blah blah blah.

Tech worked his way up to fame. And now, " World Wide Fame's Near. "

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Reese

I think that most mainstream rappers talk about shit that doesn't make sense. Like swag and all that.

And not to single out Lil Wayne, but i think that when he 'raps', he doesn't even rap, he just talks. Rappers like Chamillionaire rap.

Also, some people hate the mainstream because they're on the radio, and the radio either plays the same song 150 times in a day, or when they say they're a 'rap' station, they got music like Rihanna and Lady Gaga.

And people hate that one song can make a so-called 'rapper' big. Like Black and Yellow, before that, 'who the hell is Wiz Khalifa?' Now, everyone's like black and yellow black and yellow blah blah blah.

Tech worked his way up to fame. And now, " World Wide Fame's Near. "

Labels: They look for what sells rather than actual talent because they are corporations and they are motivated by profit. They basically change the image of any genre for the sake of selling to teenage pricks (i'm in a glass house since i'm hardly 18 now lol) to make a buck, which is part of why rap looks like such a joke now

The Artists: they make crappy music because that's what they are paid for. They rap about stupid shit that makes no sense and when they rap about something that DOES make sense, it's either money, drugs, drinking, cars, and materialistic bullshit or lame ass love songs that all sound the same

Real talk right there. I've always had some idea like that of why the mainstream is the way it is. But your post right there is so so so true x 1,000,000 for real.

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

Labels: They look for what sells rather than actual talent because they are corporations and they are motivated by profit. They basically change the image of any genre for the sake of selling to teenage pricks (i'm in a glass house since i'm hardly 18 now lol) to make a buck, which is part of why rap looks like such a joke now

The Artists: they make crappy music because that's what they are paid for. They rap about stupid shit that makes no sense and when they rap about something that DOES make sense, it's either money, drugs, drinking, cars, and materialistic bullshit or lame ass love songs that all sound the same

before everyone heard about wiz khalifa..is when his good shit was out..he's still got a couple hits that are out now that i like..but before black and yellow..it was all about that oj & kush

the problem with mainstream is the record labels, they dont care how great of a rapper you are, they want the artist that is most willing to change anything about them in order to apeal to america's teens and make the most money. they dont want anything thats original or too inteligent because they dont think its as marketable.

and as a result of that....

all of the rappers that these people create are fucking horible. they fuckin mumble, use abc rhymes, cant flow, and go along with watever image they are told to.

so pretty much wat a tie a said lol

Labels suck yea, but I cant stand when I hear a song that everyone loves..that is fuckin stupid. I dont care if people make music thats sucks...as long as people know it sucks. When people think Gucci, Waka Flocka, Wiz, Birdman are talented people....THAT annoys me. And they make a million dollars and a lot of talented rappers dont. Its not about music at all, and it should be