Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rap Question

Rap Question

Whenever I write a ryhme It never comes out in a nice flow when I read it but it goes with the bar. Is it the way I'm reading it or is it my writing? I tryed looking at Tech N9ne's stuff but I can't find his bars. Do you have to make a ryhme after every bar?

Could someone show me what some clean bars look what.

Ps I know it's a weird ass question but I don't know any other way to word it.

they say that life is short and sleeps the equivalent of death/

so i learn from every breath and try to take notes on every step/

thats two bars bro, i Rhyme on all of my bars or try to, it might be you rrhyme structure or the way you breath when you recite,

Standard rap is much like poetry with is rhyme scheme.

Every other stanza would be a rhyme. You could do other variations like:

or

Tech and other hardcore Emcees obviously rhyme things in more creative ways, and rhyme within bars, but if your a beginner, Tech is not the person to listin to because he has the craziest flow ever lol. Be a beginner, count your syllables and focus on it sounding good before you focus on making "dope" you know what I mean?

What do you mean by count my syllables. Like say a certain amount of words per bar? I think I see what you mean by the 1 ,2, 3, 2 thing. Does that mean like say the bar differently on a different number?

i think wen he repeated a number that means it rhymed with the other bar with that number.

i shouldnt really be posting i dont rap that much. wenever i try writing it comes out fuckin horrorcore murder shit and thats not me or what i listen to at all. lol so i just quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Nims

What do you mean by count my syllables. Like say a certain amount of words per bar? I think I see what you mean by the 1 ,2, 3, 2 thing. Does that mean like say the bar differently on a different number?

yo there's not one way to do it just make sure your creative with your rhyme scheme

hes obviously having trouble making a rhyme scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert J
    yo there's not one way to do it just make sure your creative with your rhyme scheme

Syllables are the sounds in a word so; Syllable = 3. And count syllables is like keeping the same amount of syllables in each line or the same in each line that rhymes.

Ima cynical mystical lyrical Mastermind/Fin a go hard in the core so obstacles can't Stop my rhyme/
    This is an example of more than one rhyme In a bar

Rap is actually ALL mathematics, Tech N9ne is a flow master because he always has a flow with an amount of syllables per bar, stanza or verse, that are divisible by the beat increments hes saying them in. The amount of syllables can be anything depending on your pauses, breathes, speed. Tech is always saying, especially when he speeds it up, he needs to count. "Pis-Tol Pack-in Mon-ey Mack-in" 2 syllables each word, comes out to 8 syllables, simple, yet beautiful. Sounds good because its even. Don't think i'm saying only an even amount of syllables is the only way to get a good verse, I'm just saying its easy, simple, and esthetically pleasing to the ear. We wanna get into the odd numbers, you just gotta make sure there are and even amount of odds. The more I talk about it the more confusing it will sound. Read lyrics, bop your head, feel the beat and you'll get it. It's a lot easier than it sounds. Most main stream rap sounds like crap because the artists really don't understand the workings of poetry first. I'm not saying its the only way, There are plenty of artists I like that aren't "Flow masters". But it just sounded like you want that flow that just rolls off your tongue and sounds like gold. Hope I helped =). And Matt is right, each number that is the same is a rhyme