Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Needs East Coast Artists

Strange Needs East Coast Artists

it would be nice to see some cats from NYC, NJ, CT, DC VA or Even Philly...anyone else agree?? I think at 1 point they had Ill Bill and Lewn if Im not mistaken??

You're mistaken. They were never on strange. But they did just sign mayday! From florida. So that's east coast technically

Really the south but I see what u mean as far as region wise....

Who gives a shit what coast an artist is from. And Ill Bill was in negotiations to distribute Uncle Howie Records through Strange, but that fell through. So really, why do you care where the artist is from as long as the music is dope?

In reality it doesn't matter all I'm sayin is that it would be nice and I realize the music is dope, if anything my dude I listen to artists regardless of where there from, all I was pointing out was a pattern I noticed with strange...being that they have an west coast division I was just sayin if they expanded out here also that would be just as dope, the music is stilll hard regardless

Ok, I see your point there. But at the same time Trav and Tech have both mentioned that they specifically target Southern/Midwest artists because the industry ignores them.

they need DMX and ima keep sayin that shit.

That dude lost his fuckin marbles. He had a multi-million dollar contract, and now he can't even get signed for food stamps. FUCK NO!

Quote Originally Posted by n8tive stranga
    they need DMX and ima keep sayin that shit.

It'd be a great idea for Tech 'n Trav to sign someone from the East Coast for a few reasons 1. Brings a bit of new flavor/ to Strange and more importantly 2. It will help spread Strange thru-out the US, Whoo Kid cracked open the door, now Strange gotta kick that motherfucker down 'n sign an East Coast artist or at least be affiliated with one, now I'm not suggestin' they sign another artist anytime soon after the last 2 in a week, 'n especially since they really need to sign Craig Smith 'n Irv imo, but it'd be nice to see them have an East Coast artist to really bring an audience there, especially the Northeast cuz from what I've heard ppl are clueless more than anywhere else up there

im suprised they went to the south for mayday its a midwest label all of the best talent is in the midwest by far