Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopsin & The Jokerr?

Hopsin & The Jokerr?

So for those who are unfamiliar, this dude named The Jokerr (ooh, clever, two r's in his name, wow!) is a "rapper" whose entire career (if you can call it that) started off of his Tech N9ne diss songs.

Recently I found a picture of Hopsin--a fellow rapper and close Tech N9ne/Strange Music affiliate--wearing a Jokerr shirt while performing.

I'm not trying to stir up the shit but I'm just curious why he would do that. I don't think the Jokerr dissed Hop but it just seems odd that Hop would rep a dude who's entire career is based off of dissing Tech N9ne.

The image is from a 2011 performance in Tennessee

I think the Jokerr dissed Hopsin too, but i'm not completely sure.

Than that makes it even weirder.

Unless he's wearing it for that EXACT reason, to show everybody that The Jokerr's disses don't mean shit to him, in fact he'll even wear his shirt to prove how much he doesn't give a fuck.

I'd go look it up to see who he dissed but I can't stand The Jokerr's shitty songs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire
    I think the Jokerr dissed Hopsin too, but i'm not completely sure.

Timeline of notable events (rough)

Jokerr releases his EP Welcome to the Show

Hopsin and Jokerr are friends sometime when this was released (they were friends when Jokerr was bigger than Hop, he apparently was someone during the Myspace saga), Jokerr is slated to master Knock Madness, and both regularly gave props to each other on their Facebook pages

Jokerr disses several rappers, one being Tha Joker who is a lesser known version of Soulja Boy and demolishes him accordingly. He has little fueds with Youtube rappers that are forgettable

Jokerr enters the FV rap contest and scores second, which makes him mad due to the first place dude being pretty generic. It's also revealed that Jokerr was supposed to make a cameo in the Hop Madness music video, but was cut out, which caused tensions between him and FV.

Jokerr and Hop's relationship becomes tense, in 2012, during which he disses Tech and Strange (though he has recently said he still admires his talent and character, idk) due to issues he had with them probably around 08.

He soon puts out a diss track against Swizzz after months of talking about FV's business practices and criticisms of Dame, FV's CEO, and blames Hopsin for his problems. He also questions Hop's character for speaking negative about weed but signs artists like Dizzy Wright, and questions his faith in God (idk how that's relevant but w/e)

He puts out the track Permanent Enemy against Hopsin, and releases several personal calls to Hopsin, attempting to show his flaws in character, and sheds light on why Jokerr has issues with Dame (who had connections to certain online promotions that Jokerr had tried to connect with but was shut down, allegedly due to Dame). Hop admits "Dame doesn't like you" and Jokerr holds Hopsin accountable for keeping Dame in his inner circle.

That's the last we know regarding their relationship.

In conclusion. Dame and Jokerr don't like each other, but Hop can't really afford to break off with Dame (it's hard to tell if he wants to tbh) despite the issues with the Jokerr, and Jokerr thinks Hop is a sellout because of that. It's not really relevant to Tech at all, because Hop was close with Jokerr before he even met Tech. Jokerr just liked to diss people up until maybe a year ago.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. I usually go deep into rap beefs and shit but with this dude I couldnt force myself to google his crap. All I heard of him was the beginning of one of his diss tracks and I've never looked back.

Anyway, so this makes sense, now we know why Hop repped The Jokerr's shit in 2011.

I'd be a bit worried if the date of the pic was 2013 lolol

I kind of wish this guy would just fizzle out.

The Jokerr isn't even that bad imo. His voice I guess is questionable but the dude is all self-produced in his work and he no doubt has an incredible work ethic if you follow his career. He's thinks he is too smart for his own good though, dude is way too arrogant

loljokerr. Dude was awful even before he started dissing people left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

The Jokerr isn't even that bad imo. His voice I guess is questionable but the dude is all self-produced in his work and he no doubt has an incredible work ethic if you follow his career. He's thinks he is too smart for his own good though, dude is way too arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

you do realize hop and the jokerr made up right? and he had his career start way before he dissed tech n9ne lol