Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the EP's

Thoughts on the EP's

So anybody that bout an actual cd of Coathangastrangla saw that just about everybody but rock and stone and dropping an EP after Jay Rocks' album drops. At first i was like WTF but then i thought they won't be able to complete kabosh before the end of the year and if anybody else is working on an album they're are probably in the early stages of it so the EP's are a good way to provide the fans with something. How do you guys feel about?

I can see the eps being just left over songs from the Lps. I can see them doing a kibosh album within a 2 month or less time period

I think it is tight that Strange continuously puts out albums or EPs, much more than any other label. I will wait for KABOSH until whenever they get around to doing it, because in the mean time Strange supplies us with hundreds of shows and plenty of music. Also I know that Tech wants KABOSH to be perfect, so why rush it?

by 2 time month time period do you mean u think they should have it done for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane1
    I can see the eps being just left over songs from the Lps. I can see them doing a kibosh album within a 2 month or less time period

The EP's are left over songs/beats from the albums. Personally I think Tech needs to save a few songs and release Vintage Tech Pt. 2 and add these songs to that project! But EP's we shall get and I bet Stevie Stone drops an EP this year! He was signed after Lynch's album artwork was completed so there was no way to add him on that flyer Strange puts out with it's upcoming releases, but he will drop something by the end of the year!

Not should, but could if they really want to

Quote Originally Posted by indagame9
    by 2 time month time period do you mean u think they should have it done for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane1

KABOSH wont be released until 2012 get over it there are 2 KABOSH songs on All 6's & 7's get over it!

Ummmm link to where u heard of this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Esko
    KABOSH wont be released until 2012 get over it there are 2 KABOSH songs on All 6's & 7's get over it!

Tech said it in one of his interviews the song with The Deftones and one with Kali and he will be on tour until the end of the summer and you know he will go back on the road in the US hitting different events and another possible tour overseas at the end of the year he will probably start the pre-production part of KABOSH this year but I wouldn't expect it out until next year just trust me they have Stevie Stone now to work with and Travis is signing that group MayDay to Strange or his other label he is doing and I heard Ces Cru was signing with Strange!

EPs are a practice of Judaism. Unless of course you're one of those super hard fans, and in that case you'd buy a pile of shit if strange was selling it. Strange is one of the best labels around, but they're turning into nickel and dimers.

Mixtape > EP