Thread: T-Pain Krizz Kaliko album?

T-Pain Krizz Kaliko album?

So i was going threw the videos on strange musics youtube channel and i cam across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIsdw...e8csLCjWyV2E0A

at about the 1:40 spot Krizz suggests a joint album between the two.

Now i dont think itll happen but what if?

Im not a T-Pain fan but do you think itll happen? Would it be good? Would it get some mainstream appeal? What if.....

I really think it would only elevate Krizz to mainstream audiences to an extent. Given they did a duo album back in like 2009 it would have been huge for him but I feel like the T-Pain fad has really fallen off in the last few years. I know he dropped the album Revolver only a short time ago, don't remember when, but it didn't perform too well on charts and I don't recall ever hearing a single off of it. Therefore, it would obviously help introduce Krizz (and possibly Strange) to a certain number of people but not as much as when T-Pain was huge and was on every radio hit you could list off. I think Krizz would be better off investing his time in a solo effort instead of a full length with Pain. Maybe an EP would be a better idea.

I love the idea. I think Krizz would bring the best out of T-Pain and it would be dope i think. Yes Pain has fell of but hes still popular, that 5'o clock song was popular (although awful) and him and Krizz could release a single with Tech and maybe get Tech the much deserved radio time he's deserved. And they did? What was i called?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Garrity

I really think it would only elevate Krizz to mainstream audiences to an extent. Given they did a duo album back in like 2009 it would have been huge for him but I feel like the T-Pain fad has really fallen off in the last few years. I know he dropped the album Revolver only a short time ago, don't remember when, but it didn't perform too well on charts and I don't recall ever hearing a single off of it. Therefore, it would obviously help introduce Krizz (and possibly Strange) to a certain number of people but not as much as when T-Pain was huge and was on every radio hit you could list off. I think Krizz would be better off investing his time in a solo effort instead of a full length with Pain. Maybe an EP would be a better idea.

Blapper? If thats wha you are talking about, it didnt get airplay, but it is a dope song.

Quote Originally Posted by Coes Helios

I love the idea. I think Krizz would bring the best out of T-Pain and it would be dope i think. Yes Pain has fell of but hes still popular, that 5'o clock song was popular (although awful) and him and Krizz could release a single with Tech and maybe get Tech the much deserved radio time he's deserved. And they did? What was i called?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Garrity

Blapper was garbage in my opinion.

yeah it was pretty whack

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mathews
    Blapper was garbage in my opinion.

i wouldn't be very excited considering that the song he did with t-pain was easily the worst song on his album.

I remember seeing this. I actually like the idea even though I don't like T-Pain, I think it would sound interesting and would be a good look for Krizz

That song was a throwaway beat from T-Pain's producer, with a throwaway hook from T-Pain (one he actually wanted to change but Kaliko liked the original). If the two of them actually sat down together and worked on album, I think it would have potential.

I think T-Pain really is a talented dude. While excessive use of autotune is annoying, T-Pain uses it better than anybody else. In terms of commercial music, his song writing (hook writing especially) is pretty on point, and his production is pretty good. He has fallen off in the last few years, but 5 O'Clock in the Morning was a pretty big hit. He's relevant enough to put Kaliko in a different spotlight, but irrelevant enough to do a collabo album with somebody at Kaliko's level of commercial success.

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer

i wouldn't be very excited considering that the song he did with t-pain was easily the worst song on his album.