Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech to go platinum with 6's and 7's

Tech to go platinum with 6's and 7's

IMO, this will be the breakthrough album for Tech, it's a shame that it will take all these features to do so, but I guess thats how society works, I cant think of anyone that deserves independant platinum status more than Tech, I will admit I was a little hesitant to get excited about having alot of mainstream artists on a Tech album but I have come to a relisation that this meens we will have a legit argument with MTV rapper fans that Tech was slept on all along, and we as OG fans can celebrate in knowing we beat everybody to the punch!!! Tech is about to join the short list of independant platinum selling artists!!

Well done Tech and good luck bro!

thats quite a stretch considering carabou lou isnt even gold yet.

we as tech fans can only hope for this

True..and that's the most known Tech N9ne song ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer
    thats quite a stretch considering carabou lou isnt even gold yet.

As much as i would love for this to happen, i cant see it. Only because i think most people are too used to listening to their mainstream artists where its nothing but pop songs and punchlines. Tech songs are alot better to listen to when you actually LISTEN and know what he's saying. Hopefully I'm wrong though, we'll see

Its going platinum

I feel u on him deserving a platinum status n im not gonna lie the features r different then what we all used to but i think it'll be positive..likes hes said its about artists coming together n makin beautiful music..no matter where they from

Yes! no one deserves it more the Tech N9ne..6s and 7s will be his best ever! and to think, this is just the beginning. WOW

Not happening. Let's face it, Tech's averages under 50,000 in his first week of release. Just because he has a bunch of names all over his album does not mean he's going platinum. Just because we know about Busta and Wayne being on this album doesn't mean that anywhere near a majority of those artists' fans know about it, or care. Wayne fans are used to Wayne on everybody's shit.

The last few people to go platinum in a week were Wayne and Taylor Swift. Maybe Eminem, I don't really remember. I know Relapse only sold something like 6 or 700,000 in the first week. Now, this "breakthrough" album may bring a lot of mainstream attention to Tech which will hopefully lead to platinum status over a period of time. But this album is not going platinum in it's first week, or even in it's first month. I love Strange Music and I think Tech deserves to go double diamond before the album even makes it to the record store, but I don't see him going platinum with this album, not for some time.

It rarely happens anymore, across ever genre. The industry is failing, why do you think they want to change platinum to 500,000 sales instead of a million?

thats true especially with everyone pirating music

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta

Not happening. Let's face it, Tech's averages under 50,000 in his first week of release. Just because he has a bunch of names all over his album does not mean he's going platinum. Just because we know about Busta and Wayne being on this album doesn't mean that anywhere near a majority of those artists' fans know about it, or care. Wayne fans are used to Wayne on everybody's shit.

The last few people to go platinum in a week were Wayne and Taylor Swift. Maybe Eminem, I don't really remember. I know Relapse only sold something like 6 or 700,000 in the first week. Now, this "breakthrough" album may bring a lot of mainstream attention to Tech which will hopefully lead to platinum status over a period of time. But this album is not going platinum in it's first week, or even in it's first month. I love Strange Music and I think Tech deserves to go double diamond before the album even makes it to the record store, but I don't see him going platinum with this album, not for some time.

It rarely happens anymore, across ever genre. The industry is failing, why do you think they want to change platinum to 500,000 sales instead of a million?