Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-40 - Revenue Retrievin' Graveyard/Overtime Shift

E-40 - Revenue Retrievin' Graveyard/Overtime Shift

Here's what I think:

• I feel that Graveyard Shift is better than Overtime Shift, it slapped more, though OS edged it lyrically.
    • The tracks that were meant to be the bangers (like "Bitch" off of Day Shift) could have been better, but I can get down to them.
    • E-40 sounds tight lyrically, new sick ass slang comin' out his mouth as usual lol. He repeated some lyrics from other tracks in OS and GS but I'm overlooking that. He didn't say "biatch!" at all in either of the albums!
    • Tech's verse on "Fried" didn't sound like Tech at all... it sounded a lil weird for him. But he still sounded sick and it's about damn time that Tech was on an E-40 album!
    • On "Serious" I think E-40 didn't utilise 100k on T-Pain to the max because the hook didn't sound up to scratch and there wasn't enough musical harmony in the beat to cover that. Also... T-Pain sounded like a MASSIVE freshie lol.
    • Big shocks: Too $hort, Snoop Dogg and other major Bay Area artists like Mistah F.A.B. were NOT featured. And FINALLY Stresmatic [of The Federation] does a verse instead of just hooks for 40. The Click featured on OS and it was great to hear them again after so long.

Overall I think 40's done a real solid job on this double album. It's just too sick! There are some deep street tracks and some slaps on there, making a nice balance. Now I think he should focus on releasing a solid single album for 2012.

What do y'all think of the new E-40 shit?

new shits bang its all i got to say about it

Haven't listened yet but I'm looking forward to it. The last two Revenue Retrievens were sick.

Yeah I've listened some more... it's just too sick lol!

Keepin the valley joe on the map!! yea cant wait for this one either

I agree, "Fried" sounds weird, distorted even. Definitely recommend these to any fan of E-40 though.

fried sucked ass tech did horrible on it.

That's a lil harsh aint it? I think Tech could have done better, but it wasn't crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burgaj

fried sucked ass tech did horrible on it.

I started bumpin a few of the tracks like "Drugs", "My Shit Bang", "Bad Bitch"....I do like "Fried" if anything its been some time these 2 dudes did a track and they both murked it imo...can't wait to hear em together on all 6s and 7s, but the one track that slapped hella hard and he took it waaaaaaaaayyy back was "Mr Flamboyant 2K11"!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself... Mr. Flamboyant slaaaaaaapz!

Quote Originally Posted by DiE$eL E
    I started bumpin a few of the tracks like "Drugs", "My Shit Bang", "Bad Bitch"....I do like "Fried" if anything its been some time these 2 dudes did a track and they both murked it imo...can't wait to hear em together on all 6s and 7s, but the one track that slapped hella hard and he took it waaaaaaaaayyy back was "Mr Flamboyant 2K11"!!!!