Del the Funky Homosapien

Brother Ali

Celph Titled

Murs

Sadistik

Aesop Rock

Masta Ace

Thomax

CunninLynguists is a legendary hip hop group from the south that have one of the most consistent discographies in hip hop period. They have a series of albums called Strange Journey, and Volume 3 is coming out soon. I figured since they aren't Strange artists it wouldn't be stepping on many people's toes that I make this forum, and I've seen many people on this site praise their work, so I feel that it's necessary.

For this project they are having the fans get involved in the project with producer and emcee Kno posting up A&R meetings with fans. The first one was for people to suggest artists for collaborations, which has been finalized to include Tech N9ne among many other names:

Aesop Rock, Slug/Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Sadistik, Brother Ali, Masta Ace, Tonedeff, Celph Titled, Del The Funky Homosapien, Toby, Evidence, Murs, R.A. The Rugged Man, Blue Scholars, Pharoahe Monch, GZA, Jedi Mind Tricks, Jean Grae, Tech N9ne, Freddie Gibbs, Substantial, RA Scion, Blue Sky Black Death, Thomax & Stoupe.

Stage 2 had Kno confirming the list of tentative collabs (again this is NOT CONFIRMED, these are the names of artists who CL are going to reach out to, but may not be able to receive verses and whatnot in time for their release). They have posted on their Facebook page a picture with Del the Funky Homosapien (Emcee from the group Deltron 3030 and Hieroglyphics) in the studio. It can probably be safely assumed that their collabs with Sadistik and Tonedeff will come to fruition, as they are all from the same label and work closely with each other constantly.

CunninLynguists also posted asking for fans to suggest who to have on specific tracks, and asked for suggestions on concepts. They personally read through them, as I posted a few times and they liked 1 of my comments specifically.

(Released date not confirmed yet)

The fact nobody cares about this release saddens me

I love the group but the other 2 "Strange Journey" projects werent their strongest work. Especially when their collaborating with peple like Grieves and Sadistik who do the whole seattle "Emo Hop" thing..... So I cant say I'm that excited about this release. Natti's solo album Still Motion is dope tho, just came out a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

The fact nobody cares about this release saddens me

They weren't their strongest works I agree, but I do think they were def worth a listen (and imo a buy), because I thought both had some great gems.

Volume 1: The Distance, KKKY Remix, Move, Don't Leave (with Atmosphere), Spark My Soul, Georgia remix were all great tracks imo

Volume 2: Imperial Feat. Freddie Gibbs, Streets w/ Poison Pen and Sean Price, Heart, Close You Eyes with Blue Scholars and Macklemore, Still With Me, Tear Trax, Running Wild, The Park, all great songs. Hell I don't like Cocaine that much but I liked the creativity of the track. Not to mention the CD also comes with all the instrumentals which I thought were amazing

The features on this release look a lot more intense imo, assuming they get all a lot of these names on board.

I still need to peep Natti's project, and Kno released a side project Build To Fade which I've heard and dug a few tracks of which he did with a singer I'm forgetting the name at though

If they paired the two volumes down to one I probably would have liked it better. I love CL, Strange Fruit is one of the best concept records ever and Oneirology is up their with it as well, but I just dont like alot of the folks they collaborate with and this one looks like the worst batch yet, on that confirmed guest list I only spot 2 artist I would care enough to listen to, Masta Ace + Del, the rest of them just dont do nothing for me so its hard to get excited when I see their names as features...... Hopefully them Tech, Pharoah and RA tracks come through.

But you should definatly check out Natti's solo, Deacon and Kno produced the whole thing minus like 2 tracks and its got that Soulful sound to it kinda like "Dirty Acres"

<div ="overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; xg-p: absolute; left: -99999px;" The first ever truly crowd-sourced album -- Strange Journey Volume Three by CunninLynguists -- now has an official release date. Not happy simply "crowd-funding" a release via Kickstarter like so many other artists, Deacon The Villain, Natti & Kno asked their fans for no money -- instead they spent a year interacting with fans via social media & allowing them to vote on guest artists, suggest song concepts, letting them peek in on studio sessions & make decisions on album artwork. CL will begin taking pre-orders on March 24th via their website with an official release date of April 1st. Strange Journey Volume Three will be released digitally, on CD & double vinyl worldwide via Bad Taste Records and will feature fan-selected artists such as Murs, Del The Funky Homosapien, Aesop Rock, Grieves, Celph Titled, Zumbi of Zion I, Tonedeff and more. In support of the release, CL will be embarking on a series of tours spanning the globe starting on April 4th with Strange Universe West Coast Tour in conjunction with SToK USA & Ineffable Music -- dates will be announced shortly so stay tuned! Artwork by Chris Miscik.

<div ="overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; xg-p: absolute; left: -99999px;" The first ever truly crowd-sourced album -- Strange Journey Volume Three by CunninLynguists -- now has an official release date. Not happy simply "crowd-funding" a release via Kickstarter like so many other artists, Deacon The Villain, Natti & Kno asked their fans for no money -- instead they spent a year interacting with fans via social media & allowing them to vote on guest artists, suggest song concepts, letting them peek in on studio sessions & make decisions on album artwork. CL will begin taking pre-orders on March 24th via their website with an official release date of April 1st. Strange Journey Volume Three will be released digitally, on CD & double vinyl worldwide via Bad Taste Records and will feature fan-selected artists such as Murs, Del The Funky Homosapien, Aesop Rock, Grieves, Celph Titled, Zumbi of Zion I, Tonedeff and more. In support of the release, CL will be embarking on a series of tours spanning the globe starting on April 4th with Strange Universe West Coast Tour in conjunction with SToK USA & Ineffable Music -- dates will be announced shortly so stay tuned! Artwork by Chris Miscik.

Pretty excited for this project now. gotta agree with the statement above though the first strange journey projects just do not compare to their LP's. but still got some high expectations for this project

Hey someone bothered adding info! I was debating whether or not to bother but I'll update the thread soon