Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey tech...

hey tech...

i know that your a busy man but i was wondering if you would be willing to try and make alittle time from your schedule to talk to the fans on how your feeling about the tragedy on japan?? and i was hoping if you would be willing to do a song about this tragedy?? thousands of people were found dead and still more thousands of people missing, and the survivors are living on little food and water... i saw it on the news that a 60 year old woman was trapped in her car for 20 hours before she was rescued... and a 65 year old man was drifted away from the tsunami. elementary school was completely destroyed while the kids were still in the building. its a sad thing that happened to japan. please try and take some time away from your busy schedule and see if you could be willing to write a song about it just like they did for haiti... maybe the whole strange music artist can or will be willing to do that?? thank you for your time.

It's a tragedy and all but I doubt Tech will do a song. The folks that did songs for Katrina and Haiti were from those places. Looking at Tech, I don't think he has any Japanese in him. Good thought though and my prayers go out to all affected.

I am pretty sure that 95% of people that did the we are the world remake were NOT from Haiti.

It was organized by Wyclef who IS from Haiti. I know you get where I'm coming from but by all means, nit pick it to death.

If he has the time it is something Tech would definitely do, especially if people are calling for it. He is a pretty compassionate cat (I know this from experience), he also did "I'll pass" (the anti drug song for the United Way) and he did "In My Head" and dedicated that to the Marines in Iraq. Sorry to "nit pick it to death" but Tech was definitely doing drugs at the time and was never in the Military. Strange put out a song with KRS-1 and a Japanese rapper chick so they have some little small ties. My point was that you don't have to have to have Japanese in you to want to do something like that. It was a narrow minded statement for me to "nit pick".

Dedicating a song to his/our soldiers at war is a little different than writing a song for a foreign tragedy. I'm not saying he would never do it, just seems unlikely and a little out of his wheelhouse. Tech seems to be a compassionate, genuine person and I have no idea what his fan base is like in Japan so I could be wrong. It just seems like a pointless idea but if it helps, then I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. By the way, you kind of make Tech seem like a hypocrite in your post with the whole anti-drug thing, not a good look.

Man I think it would be a gr8 idea not just for Tech & or Strange,.. But It would be a cool movement for all Mc's and Artist to put something together. I know I'd definitely donate some money for the cause, or maybe even buy some sort of mixtape to raise money for all the victims and their family's that were affected by the Tsunami.

Especially if they had an extensive list of artist that i knew and respected in tha game.

Thats my 2cents on this subject. What do you guys think?

Ha Ha!! I am pretty sure Tech KNOWS that I don't think he's a hypocrite. Considering the anti drug video was done before Strange music was founded, and was a video featured on the T9X dvd (definitely during his drug use days) I could see how someone could think he was being hypocritical. Tech is the kind of guy that wants better things for his friends, family, etc. than he does for himself. Not to say he doesn't care about himself, but he just cares about other people alot. Even if it was a known fact that Tech was poppin X or whatever he would never want that for kids, so he did the song. There are alot of instances behind the scenes like that with Tech but I am not gonna waste your time or mine typing them all. You get the picture. Since you said you don't know, he actually has a pretty nice following in Japan and my understanding is that distribution started or will be starting there soon, with a possible tour. How could it be a pointless idea? If it generated anything at all to help those people it would be a great idea, and when you talk about getting your music to the world..........well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Boi

Dedicating a song to his/our soldiers at war is a little different than writing a song for a foreign tragedy. I'm not saying he would never do it, just seems unlikely and a little out of his wheelhouse. Tech seems to be a compassionate, genuine person and I have no idea what his fan base is like in Japan so I could be wrong. It just seems like a pointless idea but if it helps, then I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. By the way, you kind of make Tech seem like a hypocrite in your post with the whole anti-drug thing, not a good look.

Even if the thread is about the most genuine topic, with the most heartfelt idea, we still can't get along for shit on this site. jesus

Why does tech always have to do something? if you want a song... why dont you make one?

There will be enough love coming in man it ant needed.