Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Free Music.....Whats the problem?

Downloading Free Music.....Whats the problem?

People bitch about others downloading shit all the Time.They always say support the artist......This is how I look at it.If ur a dope ass artist.Then the people feeling it are gunna buy it.Free downloading has gave me a chance 2 check out a shit load of differnt artist's w/o having 2 pay 10 bucks a shot 4 it.The ones im into I go out and buy the shit next time it drops.Im sure theres a flip side 2 it as far as making it harder for the person rapping 2 get paid but u know wat?....if I gotta chose between diapers for my kid and that New Album that just dropped,Im a get the pampers and download that shit,If its good, Ill tell everyone I know 2 go out and buy that shit....Imma Pre-order that Coat Hanga strangla Record 4 sure tho,All the shit that comes with it is just 2 good a deal 2 pass up,Pre-ordered dinner and a movie 2,Lynch is always worth the 20$

i downloaded over 100 tech n9ne songs before i ever bought an album. now ive bought 9 tech cd's, 5 shirts, 3 posters, lanyard, air freshener, and went to one of his shows. i dont believe he is crying over any of the songs i used to pirate from him lol.

I agree. I downloaded Tech's entire discography (to that point) to check him out, but once I fell in love with his music, I've purchased every CD, 3 shirts, gone to his shows, and got a Strange Music tattoo. Downloaded Dinner and a Movie last year to check out BLH, and this year I've got CHS pre-ordered at the first opportunity. Did the same with Hopsin, Dl'd Gazing At The Moonlight and then bought Raw when that came out. If you're a dope artist, your fans will support you.

exactly, for new people i havnt heard of, i usualy download their album, then if im impressed, i buy the next album. but i dont risk my money on an artist i dont know anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Hewlett
    I agree. I downloaded Tech's entire discography (to that point) to check him out, but once I fell in love with his music, I've purchased every CD, 3 shirts, gone to his shows, and got a Strange Music tattoo. Downloaded Dinner and a Movie last year to check out BLH, and this year I've got CHS pre-ordered at the first opportunity. Did the same with Hopsin, Dl'd Gazing At The Moonlight and then bought Raw when that came out. If you're a dope artist, your fans will support you.

Thats wat Im saying,I used 2 waste my money back in the day on Bullshit CDs I listened one 1 time,Now there just Weed Plates,hahaha....Glad I aint gotta worry bout that shit no more

I dont think anyone here has a problem with downloading for discovery, it's just when people pirate music that they know they like and they are just being cheap.

I aint never dowload any tech n9ne besides "Gates".Id always walk by his shit at sam goody,Id look at it,but I wasnt sure if I was gunna b into it....Until one day I was listening 2 a Ep Twiztid realesed from halloween that had a song with him and prozack called "Need some Help."That track was dope as fuck so I went 2 the cd place,bought killer cuz It had the most songs on it and jammed that mutherfucker all day,Now I cant stop buying most the shit strange drops.COATHANGASTRANGLA

i look at it this way, if someone was saying "hey you there would you like to have this car 100 precent free with the almost non existant chance of getting in trouble, or buy it?" but at the same time your gonna be buying gas, fixing it up, or whatever for the car just like with merch and shows and all that shit ya feel me?

The whole diapers v. music thing doesn't hold water. Can't afford both? Get the diapers and buy the album when you can. Simple. Artists are entitled to get paid. Its a job like any other.

Now, downloading to check artists out and see if they're any good? I don't think many people will argue with that, artists included. If an artist is dope, people will buy it. My problem with downloading is the people who download EVERYTHING under the sun, don't pay dime to the artists, and feel entitled to free music because they say the artist is already rich. So what? What does the artists finances matter? Because he already has a mil or so in the bank, he doesn't deserve to get paid for his work?

I don't care if its the richest artist in the world, every dime is owed to them. If you don't feel that, don't listen to the music because you are in fact stealing.

Wat about the lil 12 year old kid thats 2 young to get a job,mabye his parents are all fucked up on drugs and wont give him money 2 buy his favorite album,but he has a freind with a computer so he says fuck it......I understand wat ur saying man,artists should get paid....but are u gunna hate a fan of ur music just cuz he didnt pay for it,sounds like bitch shit 2 me.He likes ur music U should be fucking happy about it.If he realy likes it,ur gunna see that kid at the shows buying ur t-shirts and tour eps and all that shit anyways

Quote Originally Posted by CHi Star

The whole diapers v. music thing doesn't hold water. Can't afford both? Get the diapers and buy the album when you can. Simple. Artists are entitled to get paid. Its a job like any other.

Now, downloading to check artists out and see if they're any good? I don't think many people will argue with that, artists included. If an artist is dope, people will buy it. My problem with downloading is the people who download EVERYTHING under the sun, don't pay dime to the artists, and feel entitled to free music because they say the artist is already rich. So what? What does the artists finances matter? Because he already has a mil or so in the bank, he doesn't deserve to get paid for his work?

I don't care if its the richest artist in the world, every dime is owed to them. If you don't feel that, don't listen to the music because you are in fact stealing.