Thread: What do you consider dope...

What do you consider dope...

As far as music goes what makes a song or an artist good? What about the song keeps you listening, makes you wanna go buy/download the album? Is it the beat,lyrics, a combination of both? What do you wanna hear?...Whats up Technician's and Juggalos.... Once again, what makes a song or an artist dope...Not who, but what?

i enjoy hardcore shit with a dope fast flow. shit like the industry is punks, and riot maker. almost garentied that i will like it.

Lyricism, Flow, Subject Matter, & Beat.

Sounds like we are on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer
    i enjoy hardcore shit with a dope fast flow. shit like the industry is punks, and riot maker. almost garentied that i will like it.

It would have to be the lyricism,tha technique flow with nonstop delivery,good rythm,hardcore rugged shit wit a hard ass beat to go wit it,and some sick ass hooks.Also the effort that artists put in their music and the meaning to their albums and tracks and the good energy/stamina they put in it.Real shit that people can relate to is what makes people want to listen to the songs and like em because they can relate to it and it lets people know that they aint the only ones goin through shit in life yadamean??

It can be a million things really, lil crunk got my number 1 which is effort/energy put into it and bein REAL. But other than that, wayne is dope cuz hes got metaphors down, techs dope cuz hes got his shit down, fast rappin and all that, stage show, etc.., ICP is dope cuz they got their horrorcore shit down (maybe not so much nowadays, still dope tho), Ludacris is dope cuz hes got crazy flow all around. Basically I guess my point is that different artists have different things that make them good. While wayne lacks of fast rappin hes got his metaphors and his own ya know. And also, theres really not a ton of beats ive heard that i dont like, or coulda just used a better artist on em