Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To put how I feel basically about the Tech and Lil Wayne collabo..

To put how I feel basically about the Tech and Lil Wayne collabo..

I feel, that basically it won't do enough for him fan wise at first but more for him to finally become noticed by more mainstream rappers. My reason for believing this is because of how the very first reaction general Wayne fans(not complete Wayne heads) had to the song 6'7. Which was kind of bad because at first they thought it was garbage because they couldn't understand what Wayne was spitting because he was going faster and because he said a few things that were slightly complex.

Any supposed hip hop fans/rap heads who listen to the radio has been dumbed down by how rap changed after 2005. In other words there minds can't handle any kind of lyricism. Therefore I don't think it would exactly do anything I mean I don't hear any buzz about his new guy hes got all over the radio "Corey Gunz".

Just saying..

Like i wuz sprayin tech should just keep on keepin on and spare folks, like "Wayne"

Nah, Tech is doing the right thing IMO. Wayne has a name, and it would help Strange for that reason, in the long run. In return, Tech is the best artist out there so It would help Wayne with talent and diversity. (the faster, more lyrically suited) shit that us real fans want.

I don't think the world is ready for a hard hittin' artist like Tech. Yes, he travels the world and Yes, he sells out shows worldwide but for someone as raw and untamed as Tech N9ne... they won't know what to do. It's gonna be a nuked in a bathroom for Tech to go main stream. I know he doesn't make the money he wants to, but Tech should stay where he is. His fan base is blowin up as it is. In fact I converted 4 of friends in to Tech heads to the point that they can't stand anything, but the raw lyrics Tech puts out. I'm probably bein selfish, but Tech should stay "Underground" b/c this is his domain.

You can't choose to "stay underground". If more and more people start to like his music and he breaks into the mainstream, how does he have control over that?

Quote Originally Posted by James Owens
    I don't think the world is ready for a hard hittin' artist like Tech. Yes, he travels the world and Yes, he sells out shows worldwide but for someone as raw and untamed as Tech N9ne... they won't know what to do. It's gonna be a nuked in a bathroom for Tech to go main stream. I know he doesn't make the money he wants to, but Tech should stay where he is. His fan base is blowin up as it is. In fact I converted 4 of friends in to Tech heads to the point that they can't stand anything, but the raw lyrics Tech puts out. I'm probably bein selfish, but Tech should stay "Underground" b/c this is his domain.

True. I have to agree w/ you there, but you can make that decision. If Tech decided to go main stream he would be giving up that rawness about his music that makes us his fans, b/c honestly do you really think they'll play songs like Psycho Bitch or Seven Words on the radio. That's all I'm trying to say. I just don't want Tech's music to lose it's raw power b/c he wanted his music played on the radio. You feel me?

strange doesnt need any help what so ever.. have u seen how they do business? down to the last fucking t shirt.. they are so good at what they do. tech has so much money.. just as much as wayne if not more.. ive been on the fence about this album after i heard the t pain was on it.. dont get me wrong i like t pain and i like wayne a lot.. but puttin t pain on an album that has a brotha lynch feature is gonna be weird.. i was hella jazzed about the deftones and midwest choppers 3 then it became worldwide choppers.. and now nicki minaj talks.. look im sure this album is gonna be dope but ive never been worried about a tech album and i kinda am.. i just feel like he's gonna make it a little less hardcore so he can get plays..

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy
    Nah, Tech is doing the right thing IMO. Wayne has a name, and it would help Strange for that reason, in the long run. In return, Tech is the best artist out there so It would help Wayne with talent and diversity. (the faster, more lyrically suited) shit that us real fans want.

I think the biggest thing this collab will do is get the general majority to realize tech is not a devil worshippin crazzy spiked hair rapper ya know. I think theres too many people that dont listen to tech or support him because of his image and his rep. I think that'll change after this collab/album. Also I have been listening to a bit of wayne lately and I think it would be great if tech can kinda influence/push him to be a better all around artist instead of just more of a radio artist, wayne has talent and is actually not bad as he is, with a push in the right direction he could be great.

lets hear the song first (for fucks sake) so these stupid why tech should do this or don't do that with Lil Wayne so we can move on to more stupid threads where you complain on how it was a good or a bad idea!

Corey Gunz is fresh as hell. It's Wayne himself who's wack. He's never been complex.