Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicts , why do we get addicted???

Addicts , why do we get addicted???

Just a thought cause we talk bout soo much bs on here, what do you think makes people vulnerable to being addicts. Is it weekness ,feelin sorry for themselves or what ? This goes for anything food ,sex, drugs,etc.

drugs are obvious

if your legitametly addicted to food, your pretty much a shitty person with 0 self control (im talkin the people that weigh like 500+)
    and i dont think sex is an adiction, its something that is awesome that doesnt have any negetive effects (if your smart) so naturaly if you have the opertunity to do it all the time, you will.

This is why I like living a Straightedge life, no worries about an addiction to drugs or booze. I do have one addiction though, and that's getting inked. Dunno why, just do.

I agree with Matt though, on all his points.

Emotional connection/dependency. Might be missing a healthy alternative in their life which would take care of this. Look at the hyerarchy of needs pyramid. If someone isn't able to achieve some of their needs, they are prone to these type of things.

So your just an asshole if you cheat and you cant stop even though you love your spouse? Just a question ,no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer

drugs are obvious

if your legitametly addicted to food, your pretty much a shitty person with 0 self control (im talkin the people that weigh like 500+)
    and i dont think sex is an adiction, its something that is awesome that doesnt have any negetive effects (if your smart) so naturaly if you have the opertunity to do it all the time, you will.

sorry for the dbl

I was 13/14 when I first got addicted to pain killers and the reason people tend to get addicted is they dont realize whats happening until they spend a few weeks in bed feeling like there dieing because they decide to quit... Or at least thats how it happened to me. I was having fun partying every weekend then it ended up smoking weed nd doing pills everyday and by the time i quit i was in deep shit... By the way weeds not addicting never had one withdrawl from that.. jus sayin

if you just have an unreall amount of ass being thrown at you every single day to the point that you cant stay loyal, break up with her and have sex 5 time a day. if you have an average amount, but you still cant stay loyal, then yes, that just makes you an ass hole with no self controll. not an adiction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Problem_VSM
    So your just an asshole if you cheat and you cant stop even though you love your spouse? Just a question ,no disrespect.

drugs are obvious

I'm a sex/x/monster/black ops addict.

Lmao ha ha

if you just have an unreall amount of ass being thrown at you every single day to the point that you cant stay loyal, break up with her and have sex 5 time a day. if you have an average amount, but you still cant stay loyal, then yes, that just makes you an ass hole with no self controll. not an adiction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Problem_VSM

drugs are obvious